oneBoro Forum

Transfer Rumours, Summer 2014 "Didn't we do well!"

If there are players going the other way that would be great (depending on who it is of course) as our squad is still far too big (even before additional signings) for AK's liking (ie. two for each position).

Realistically would be happy to see either Hines, Halliday or Main go on permanents, or Burgess there on loan.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From AV:

That leaves a right-back and a No 10 to sign. My understanding is that Boro are currently working on options for both those positions and they expect movement on several fronts next week. One is said to be “very close.” Of course, I’ve been saying that for a week. But that is what I am being told from within the club and I have no reason to disbelieve that. The Kike deal was a similar long drawn out process of haggling and cross-border fine-tuning . It is more important that Boro get their signing done correctly than quickly.

From AV:

That leaves a right-back and a No 10 to sign. My understanding is that Boro are currently working on options for both those positions and they expect movement on several fronts next week. One is said to be “very close.” Of course, I’ve been saying that for a week. But that is what I am being told from within the club and I have no reason to disbelieve that. The Kike deal was a similar long drawn out process of haggling and cross-border fine-tuning . It is more important that Boro get their signing done correctly than quickly.

No mention of a CM (Clayton) then. Maybe that deals dead now unless we plan on revisiting it later in the window.

@JimmyDRFC: Not sure how much he is involved for #Boro and whether he would come but I'd like Lee Tomlin to be apart of the Husband deal #DRFC

:D

From AV:

No mention of a CM (Clayton) then. Maybe that deals dead now unless we plan on revisiting it later in the window.

Yes I think that's very unlikely now unless they lower their valuation.

(Sorry if I've already posted this - data is being dodgy in my iPad!)

Still reckon Friend is going to be utilised in a more offensive role down the left to cover Carayol's absence.

Still reckon Friend is going to be utilised in a more offensive role down the left to cover Carayol's absence.

I'd imagine Husband would be used in the more attacking role, but would provide cover for Friend when he goes walkabout

I don't think there's any chance of that.

I want too know this number 10!!! We know it's not JV as AV said on twitter if that was to happen it would be likely to be a deadline day move . It's a shame we couldn't have got juanfran in a few week ago when it looked likely then we would have really been set to go except for a number 10 plus he seemed a really good player , shame really .

But I have faith and I think we will have a strong squad this year I mean for CB we have Gibson omeruo Ayala woody , Rhys can play there . Now everyone of them 5 would get in 90% of the teams in this league . And we have 5 of them .

Friend will most likely be sold now, especially is Swansea are interested in signing him.

I've not heard of any interest from Swansea :/

Friend will most likely be sold now, especially is Swansea are interested in signing him.

I would say there's an outside chance Friend will be sold, but only if a big bid comes in. £3m+, at the very least.

I took a wild guess on here that Halliday and Main could be going in the opposite direction. Somehow that has managed to get on Twitter and now the Doncaster Rovers forum. It feels great starting my own rumour :D

@GraemeBailey: Curtis Main offered to Doncaster in James Husband deal. Player considering move.

That would be great news. Hard worker but just not quite good to be part of our ambitions.