oneBoro Forum

Transfer Rumours, Summer 2014 "Didn't we do well!"

Entirely feasible CT and not something I'm averse to as long as profit was made.

Well that's the thing isn't it, would a profit be made for us or not in that scenario. The more we pay the harder it would be.

I haven't seen him play so I can't judge him but like you I'm a little dubious about how good he actually is when there doesn't seem to be a huge amount of competition for him. £5m isn't a lot for a Premier League club to stump up so why aren't they?

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah im pretty sure it was cut to closer to 10.

I think that was just people guessing on here mate. The wages in the last set of accounts, which were the year ending June 2013, had our wage bill at £18.5m. There was no way we could have reduced it to £10m in such a short space of time without basically getting rid of half the squad.

Not in the Championship he hasn't. There's no way of knowing how Vossen would perform in the Championship. It's a huge risk for a club with finances like ours. I do wonder why no other club has come in with a serious offer for him and why he's so keen to come to a 2nd tier mid table team. As said earlier I'd much rather spend what we have on a RB, a CM & another forward.

I suspect the reason he'd be willing to move here is to put himself in the shop window for a Premier League club. Have a good year here and then start courting interest.

I get the feeling that this is a Gibson signing and we will only sign him at a set price as Gibson thinks we could sell him on at a profit.

I don't think anyone would disagree that spending so much on vossen is a huge risk which if went wrong would be a disaster. But, on the other hand, things could also go very right. If the guy performs we either get promoted or make a nice profit selling him. Only Karanka and Gibson will know all the info on wether he is worth the risk.

Yeah im pretty sure it was cut to closer to 10.

I think that was just people guessing on here mate. The wages in the last set of accounts, which were the year ending June 2013, had our wage bill at £18.5m. There was no way we could have reduced it to £10m in such a short space of time without basically getting rid of half the squad.

Not in the Championship he hasn't. There's no way of knowing how Vossen would perform in the Championship. It's a huge risk for a club with finances like ours. I do wonder why no other club has come in with a serious offer for him and why he's so keen to come to a 2nd tier mid table team. As said earlier I'd much rather spend what we have on a RB, a CM & another forward.

I suspect the reason he'd be willing to move here is to put himself in the shop window for a Premier League club. Have a good year here and then start courting interest.

I get the feeling that this is a Gibson signing and we will only sign him at a set price as Gibson thinks we could sell him on at a profit.

It's defo a club signing - since he was scouted under GG and TM reign - I'm sure AK will probably have input and he can play him in a system he wants to utilise. If there is no interest in Vossen, come August and we can get him for a knock down price, somewhere in the 3 million GBP mark, i think we'd all be happy chappies!

Been at work, anyone want to let me know if anything's happened?

Messi spotted at Rockliffe :P

Nah he's never done it on the big stage, he'd crumble under the pressure of the riverside :)

Nah he's never done it on the big stage, he'd crumble under the pressure of the riverside :)

Imagine the quotes on the boro Facebook page

"That litle ARGIE bloke?!?!? He got no wright foot and don't track back!!!!! No ambishon from the club once again!!! I will not go 2 watch that dross!!! Gib son MUST go!!!!!"

"That litle ARGIE bloke?!?!? He got no wright foot and don't track back!!!!! No ambishon from the club once again!!! I will not go 2 watch that dross!!! Gib son MUST go!!!!!"

Haha +1. Hilarious and so true.

Haha yeah or something like 'I'd rather bring Main back from Doncaster. At least he worked hard for the team. Useless Boro can't sign anyone decent!'

Luke Manger ‏@Borobadger 11m

@untypicalboro What is the likelihood of the main targets being in by the start of the season?

anthony vickers ‏@untypicalboro

@Borobadger the top man sounded confident when we spoke today.

Luke Manger ‏@Borobadger 11m

@untypicalboro What is the likelihood of the main targets being in by the start of the season?

anthony vickers ‏@untypicalboro

@Borobadger the top man sounded confident when we spoke today.

Just wet my pants a little bit

As much as i would love vossen to join us paying 5m for one player is just a bit too much IF instead we where able focus on bringing in 2-3 players in other positions for the same amount.

Kind of feels like heart is saying yes i'd love him but head is saying not at the cost of strengthening other positions.

The comments by AV about our loss from the Riverside sums up how bad of a financial position we are in, espcially if it wasn't for Steve Gibson. It shows the necessity for us to be cleverly managed with shrewd signings/departures(particularly those in last year).

Is anyone else thinking that we're holding off announcing multiple signings after the news of on the day ticket prices increasing?.

As much as i would love vossen to join us paying 5m for one player is just a bit too much IF instead we where able focus on bringing in 2-3 players in other positions for the same amount.

Kind of feels like heart is saying yes i'd love him but head is saying not at the cost of strengthening other positions.

5m is crazy considering QPR are linked with Valbuena for 6.5

The comments by AV about our loss from the Riverside sums up how bad of a financial position we are in, espcially if it wasn't for Steve Gibson. It shows the necessity for us to be cleverly managed with shrewd signings/departures(particularly those in last year).

Is anyone else thinking that we're holding off announcing multiple signings after the news of on the day ticket prices increasing?.

How cynical ;)