oneBoro Forum

Transfer Rumours, Summer 2014 "Didn't we do well!"

The comments by AV about our loss from the Riverside sums up how bad of a financial position we are in, espcially if it wasn't for Steve Gibson. It shows the necessity for us to be cleverly managed with shrewd signings/departures(particularly those in last year).

Is anyone else thinking that we're holding off announcing multiple signings after the news of on the day ticket prices increasing?.

Well, the financial position we're in is entirely down to Steve Gibson as well. It's not you or me making decisions there, is it?

We have no signings to announce so how can we be holding off? Husband is just about done and the noises coming from the club suggest that others may be following soon but there were similar noises last week I seem to remember. Aside from anything else, burying bad news with good news is the best thing to do so you'd want to be announcing signings when you're announcing price rises!

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The comments by AV about our loss from the Riverside sums up how bad of a financial position we are in, espcially if it wasn't for Steve Gibson. It shows the necessity for us to be cleverly managed with shrewd signings/departures(particularly those in last year).

Is anyone else thinking that we're holding off announcing multiple signings after the news of on the day ticket prices increasing?.

I was thinking this earlier. To me, who isn't a SC holder it's only £2 more. That's life. Things get more and more expensive. It's not as if the club hasn't tried by freezing SC for 9 years etc etc.

But I do hope we make at least one stellar signing to re-create the buzz that had been building towards this new season.

@Gaming_On_PS4: @untypicalboro Is there a surprise signing incoming? Thanks.

@untypicalboro: @Gaming_On_PS4 yes. I'd never heard of him.

All over twitter now. He's a CM but can apparently play at DM and LB.

Does "all over twitter" really signify anything though? Twitter is just full of people making stuff up

not sure i can cope with having someone called Saville here:s:s:s

Exactly what I'm thinking haha, if he's any good we'll just have to take the abuse on the chin I guess

not sure i can cope with having someone called Saville here:s:s:s

Exactly what I'm thinking haha, if he's any good we'll just have to take the abuse on the chin I guess

"His dad touches kids!

His dad touches kiiiids!

George Saville!

His dad touches kids!"

:P

Lets move on shall we!:@

Haha probably for the best before the thread gets derailed any more

Different spelling anyway.

Yeah but I'd imagine it wouldn't matter to other team's fans

AV on Twitter;

"They're hoping for 3 signings this week they can't really afford. They are gambling fans WILL pay to see (a) winning team."

"the top man sounded confident when we spoke today"

That first quote sounds a lot like Mr Vossen to me