oneBoro Forum

Transfer Rumours, Summer 2014 "Didn't we do well!"

This number 10/wide player we are in talks with...imagine if it's Ronaldinho. He's now a free agent. The Gazette have been going on about these exciting targets...just can't help myself thinking it's him. It'll be meltdown on social media and on here if it happened.

Give him a one year deal with the option of another and we'll WALK the Championship this season.

Are you high mate?!

Haha no mate the gazette keep banging on about exciting targets and we are trying to get bums on seats etc etc. 2+2=4

People would certainly forget the £2 price increase if that was to happen!

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just thought I'd ask Vickers haha

@KamranManzur_: @untypicalboro This number 10/winger we are in talks with....is it RONALDINHO? Gazette keep going on about exciting targets so 2 + 2 = 4 ??

@untypicalboro: @KamranManzur_ Lol. Everyone knows that for football conspiracists 2=2=5 #Orwell

Apparently we have agreed a two year deal with Hoffenheim right back Andreas Beck.

Source?

@robbiechambersx: #boro agree 2 year deal with Hoffenheim Right-Back Andreas Beck. #mfc #middlesbrough #hoffenheim

Apparently we have agreed a two year deal with Hoffenheim right back Andreas Beck.

Source?

@robbiechambersx: #boro agree 2 year deal with Hoffenheim Right-Back Andreas Beck. #mfc #middlesbrough #hoffenheim

Not a source. A twitter random. Who claimed 2 weeks ago we were signing some Swiss dude.

Expect a lot of movement over the coming weeks

@untypicalboro: @Matt_Hanson19 RB (plus cover), CM, another striker, a wide/front three player plus a couple of Chelsea lads. Need to nudge a few out too.

Apparently on FM2014 he's on 46k/week :rolleyes:

Maybe the wideman is Kevin Volland in a double deal? :P

Maybe he is looking at 3 at the back

We're about to sign a RB and a LB... :-/

Georges best asset is going forward. I know you hate the idea but he could play LWB and this RB may well be a RWB.

**AV writes: I spoke to Gibbo yesterday. He sounded very confident about three sets of talks going on with a right-back and a wideman very close. One you will know, one you won’t (unless you are one of those hipster Football Manager types who knows all the continental “must-buys”). Talks with Chelsea are on-going too. Things should look a lot brighter soon.

Surprised about the 'wide man' given his 4-2-3-1 ideology. Maybe he is looking at 3 at the back or a more orthodox 4-4-2 / 4-4-1-1.

If three sets of talks are ongoing, one a rb, one wideman and as reported by skysports Adam Clayton, does this mean we arent actively talking to Genk or Vossen at present. Im guessing the bid is still on the table with that one and Gibson is simply playing the waiting game. If Vossen does come in, I think it will be on deadline day with both sides giving way a little.

Surely the wide man is just one of the 3 that play behind the striker - Carayol is a wide man, but is injured, Adomah is a wide man - I don't think we need a number 10, Tomlin will do, but we could do with another attacking midfielder for that 3 and I think it should be someone who plays wide, whether they cut in or deliver crosses.

Possibly, but we keep hearing on here that the 3 behind the striker are interchangeable. If this 'wide man' is of this ilk I would have thought that AV would have called him an 'AM' rather than a 'wide man'. Will be interesting to see who it is.

Just hope its not Matthew Etherington. Dont like the guy.