oneBoro Forum

Transfer Rumours, Summer 2014 "Didn't we do well!"

if ...and its still a matter of conjecture ...we are aiming to bring in two or three of the chelsea youngsters mentioned does anyone else worry just slightly that we may be lacking an enforcer type midfielder , a hard man if you like just to protect these youngsters when met with aggressive tactics .

whitehead is the nearest weve got and erm erm ...well you know:D

It's not 1974

No its not but on a cold and wet february evening at Blackpool we will need some one with a bit of bite in midfield to help the younger lads out whose heads might well go down.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Patrick Bamford is not even on the bench this evening for Chelsea's game at Vitesse Arnhem. Read into that what you will

tough one.... erm... Chelsea have a big squad?:huh:

He's been involved in nearly all of their pre season games so far :P

Clearly deserves a rest then:P

if ...and its still a matter of conjecture ...we are aiming to bring in two or three of the chelsea youngsters mentioned does anyone else worry just slightly that we may be lacking an enforcer type midfielder , a hard man if you like just to protect these youngsters when met with aggressive tactics .

It's not 1974

No its not but on a cold and wet february evening at Blackpool we will need some one with a bit of bite in midfield to help the younger lads out whose heads might well go down.

You don't need to be a hard man though, just need to put yourself about a bit, Leadbitter and Tomlin like to do that, so do George and Ayala so i wouldn't worry about it

It's not 1974

its not 2034 either but slightly more recently . Keane, Makelele. Schweinsteiger, Mascherano. Busquets ,even Barton .and vinnie j if you need to step it down a level have proved invaluable to thier respective sides .

It's not 1974

its not 2034 either but slightly more recently . Keane, Makelele. Schweinsteiger, Mascherano. Busquets ,even Barton .and vinnie j if you need to step it down a level have proved invaluable to thier respective sides .

Really the hard-man type, is pretty much the anchor man in midfield. Since we have been playing the last two seasons with 2 ball winning types in Leadbitter, Whitehead and Chalobah to a certain extent, I don't think there is the requirement for a Souness type; but what we need is a good mix of youthful exuberance and experienced level headedness, with equal amounts of determination and commitment. Traits which seem to be persistent with AK's team ethic.

I wouldn't say we've been playing with 2 ball winning types, I'd say we've mixed between one BW and 1 box to box and then 2 B2B.

Fair play, I agree. I was more liking the ability of the players we had at our disposal, square pegs and all that.

Steele not in the squad again, How much will we get for him.

£1-£1.5m if we're lucky

What a waste of talent. Karanka hasn't given him a sniff since he came in.

sorry i genuinely cant remember but prior to injuries did Rhys W ever get tried as part of a two man defensive midfield set up that we have now and if not would he be better suited to being there alonside someone else with license to move forward while he stays put . i know hes been tried as a lone defensive midfielder and the general opinion wasnt that great .

£1-£1.5m if we're lucky

No disrespect Humpty but Karanka, like many of us, watched every single game from last season before taking the job. That's why Steele hasn't featured.

£1-£1.5m if we're lucky

No disrespect Humpty but Karanka, like many of us, watched every single game from last season before taking the job. That's why Steele hasn't featured.

I have a helmet and shield you could borrow? :D