oneBoro Forum

Transfer Rumours, Summer 2014 "Didn't we do well!"

anthony vickers @untypicalboro · 27s

Senior figures at both Boro & Huddersfield seething right now. Clayton's agent trying to bring Brighton in after everything agreed.

Seems i was correct feeling the worst with his silence hey, apologies accepted ;o)

Why would anyone apologise? You were still wrong saying that his silence confirms its gone tits up, because It doesn't, AV confirming it is what actually confirms it.

you from fmttm by any chance? you come across as such, I was proved correct in what I said, just let it go

Nope, never been on FMTTM.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Agree with pmards the agent wouldn't try and engineer this move if clayton had no desire to go to brighton. If it does fall through i hope we still sell butters hes not in AK's plans and we might not get someone to bid for him where we bring in a cm.

Now can we change the thread title to with or without you

Don't want him at the club anymore. He's not good enough to have to go through all this fuss, I'll actually be really annoyed if we sign him now. Move on or keep JB and spend the funds elsewhere.

If our CM partnership is a duo of Leadbitter and Butterfield, we'll get run over by a lot of teams when defending. It's fair enough to say that Butterfield has looked good in pre-season, but the vast majority of his action would have been going forward. And as we know, Leadbitter, though a fighter, isn't the best tackler in the world.

And people now saying that they dont want Clayton, behave. Its not him who has done this, its his agent by the sounds of it who is engineering everything.

It doesnt change the fact that Clayton is a player we need for a promotion push this season and for people now to spit their dummies out and say they didnt want him here anymore is silly until we know the whole ins and outs of whats going on.

But Clayton will still have the final say over who he wants to join, it's him who has f***** us over

He hasnt ***ed us over yet Id say what has happened is his agent has contacted brighton and said if they up his wages hed be interested , then hes told clayton to delay signing so he can get him a better deal ,

The problem comes if we dont agree to match brightons upped wages

But hey thats just a guess

Well seen as Huddersfield have only given him permission to speak to one club (Us) i find it very unlikely that Huddersfield would then agree to sell him to Brighton.

That being said, stranger things have happened...

However, for now I think we shouldnt assume anything which may or may have not happened. Until I see the words 'Clayton signs for Brighton' my pitch fork shall remain in the loft :P

Don't want him at the club anymore. He's not good enough to have to go through all this fuss, I'll actually be really annoyed if we sign him now. Move on or keep JB and spend the funds elsewhere.

Ditto.

Agree with pmards the agent wouldn't try and engineer this move if clayton had no desire to go to brighton. If it does fall through i hope we still sell butters hes not in AK's plans and we might not get someone to bid for him where we bring in a cm.

Now can we change the thread title to with or without you

Or perhaps we still havent found what we're looking for.

And people now saying that they dont want Clayton, behave. Its not him who has done this, its his agent by the sounds of it who is engineering everything.

It doesnt change the fact that Clayton is a player we need for a promotion push this season and for people now to spit their dummies out and say they didnt want him here anymore is silly until we know the whole ins and outs of whats going on.

+1 for you sir! Some of the crap talked on this forum when a player doesn't leap at the chance to join us, or tries to get themselves the best deal possible (which all of us would in day to day life, its no different for a footballer) is ridiculous.

My problem is that this is becoming a regular occurrence, agents (employed by the player, hence the players fault) using our club to get the best deal for their clients with no concern for how this negatively impacts OUR club (which it most definitely does). The only way to stop it is to play hardball and just refuse to allow it to happen. Let the *** go to Brighton and stay in the championship for the rest of his career, I'm sick of us being used.

Agents act on the say so of the players. Clayton have obviously given his agent his permission to be sneaky and drive the best deal for him, even if that means messing us about. You can't honestly think Clayton doesn't have a say in what has happened with them messing us about.

Yeh but hos say so could just be ,get me the best deal you can

But Clayton will still have the final say over who he wants to join, it's him who has f***** us over

Totally agree mate

anthony vickers @untypicalboro · 27s

Senior figures at both Boro & Huddersfield seething right now. Clayton's agent trying to bring Brighton in after everything agreed.

Seems i was correct feeling the worst with his silence hey, apologies accepted ;o)

Why would anyone apologise? You were still wrong saying that his silence confirms its gone tits up, because It doesn't, AV confirming it is what actually confirms it.

you from fmttm by any chance? you come across as such, I was proved correct in what I said, just let it go

Nope, never been on FMTTM.

Good lad, its rubbish

But when he/his agent(assuming what the Evening Gazette have said is correct) have told us that they're on route to complete a medical, then it goes from "get me the best deal" to "I'm a sneaky little worm, that would screw anyone over for money".

If he took a minute out of his busy day to google us look at our signings so far look at Vossen our links with CFC etc etc he would know we are on the up. Brighton are pleased with themselves they have a allseater stadium and a training ground... Great for them but we've had that for nearly 20 years, if Clayton took a career decision not a agents fees and a bit more wages decision he'd be here already.

Can't blame him (or even his agent really) for wanting to get the best deal. And he hasn't signed anything yet. Can't really blame Brighton for wanting a good player. And can't blame Huddersfield for wanting the best fee. So I don't really feel anger towards anyone.

But we have been bent over and the repercussions re missing out on losing a good player and disrupting one of our own could be huge.