oneBoro Forum

Transfer Rumours, Summer 2014 "Didn't we do well!"

And people now saying that they dont want Clayton, behave. Its not him who has done this, its his agent by the sounds of it who is engineering everything.

It doesnt change the fact that Clayton is a player we need for a promotion push this season and for people now to spit their dummies out and say they didnt want him here anymore is silly until we know the whole ins and outs of whats going on.

But Clayton will still have the final say over who he wants to join, it's him who has f***** us over

I totally agree with you that he has the final say on where he goes, and seen as he hasn't confirmed either us or Brighton yet I think it's too rash to jump to Co conclusions

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He's definitely just trying to get more money out of us. Brighton agreed a few with them before us, he could have just went and signed for them there and them. Instead he told Huddersfield he wanted to join Boro and we opened talks with Huddersfield immediately.

And people now saying that they dont want Clayton, behave. Its not him who has done this, its his agent by the sounds of it who is engineering everything.

It doesnt change the fact that Clayton is a player we need for a promotion push this season and for people now to spit their dummies out and say they didnt want him here anymore is silly until we know the whole ins and outs of whats going on.

+1 for you sir! Some of the crap talked on this forum when a player doesn't leap at the chance to join us, or tries to get themselves the best deal possible (which all of us would in day to day life, its no different for a footballer) is ridiculous.

My problem is that this is becoming a regular occurrence, agents (employed by the player, hence the players fault) using our club to get the best deal for their clients with no concern for how this negatively impacts OUR club (which it most definitely does). The only way to stop it is to play hardball and just refuse to allow it to happen. Let the *** go to Brighton and stay in the championship for the rest of his career, I'm sick of us being used.

Agents do not always act on the best interests of their client from a football perspective. They get more money if the player gets more money, which I think gives them a desire to play the field a lot more, regardless of what the player might say. I personally think the way football agents work is bad for the game and should be curtailed. It should be regulated to stop rogue agents.

Let's hope this turns out for the best for MFC but I wouldn't be disappointed if we removed our offer and told the agent where to go.

There's just no great outcome here for us. He's either gonna join Brighton and have wasted our time while making us look like fools or he'll join us, making us look like we'll crumble at any agents demands and paying over the odds for a player who may or may not be better than a player we're letting go for less.

You don't get the anger?? Are you serious? I'm fuming, it's not just his agent it's him aswell HE didn't show up at rockliffe, and according to that guy who's mate works there Gibson even turned up to get the deal done, he's not going to be happy.

Duck these 2 it's a blessing in disguise, let him

Get all his money and get stuck at Brighton, wasn't that fussed on him before and definately don't want him now. Really have no idea why some people are defending him, crazy.

There's just no great outcome here for us. He's either gonna join Brighton and have wasted our time while making us look like fools or he'll join us, making us look like we'll crumble at any agents demands and paying over the odds for a player who may or may not be better than a player we're letting go for less.

He won't be coming here now, like someone said he's basically stood us up on our wedding day. Cancel the deal and spend the money elsewhere. Nob.

I feel so sorry for Butterfield now. He was having such a good pre season and now he's been left in limbo. Clayton and his agent should be ashamed

You don't get the anger?? Are you serious? I'm fuming, it's not just his agent it's him aswell HE didn't show up at rockliffe, and according to that guy who's mate works there Gibson even turned up to get the deal done, he's not going to be happy.

Duck these 2 it's a blessing in disguise, let him

Get all his money and get stuck at Brighton, wasn't that fussed on him before and definately don't want him now. Really have no idea why some people are defending him, crazy.

here here well said its not sour grapes I have said right from the start its a daft deal we need to build elsewhere. Why would we want him or his agent near our club I feel for butterfield and no one else. move on to better players now

The only way I'd want him is if he comes here on the terms already agreed, not a penny more. I can't stand players hiding behind the cover of their agent. It's the Ross McCormack situation all over again.

Anyway the most important thing is to get 3 points today. :p

I say ditch him, we only want players who want to be here, end of!

Anyone who is playing both sides can head south, we pull out and he gets less from BHA anyway, we can find/loan someone who wants to play for the shirt not the wallet.

Can't blame him (or even his agent really) for wanting to get the best deal. And he hasn't signed anything yet. Can't really blame Brighton for wanting a good player. And can't blame Huddersfield for wanting the best fee. So I don't really feel anger towards anyone.

But we have been bent over and the repercussions re missing out on losing a good player and disrupting one of our own could be huge.

I'm sorry, but I can't disagree more with that view.

Its one thing trying to negotiate the best deal, thats what he pays his agent for, but not to turn up to sign when its all agreed in principle is unbelievable and very poor on both the agents and players parts.

I think this is dead in the water now.

He has 2 teams intrested in him he would be an idiot not to talk to both of them.

Not when the deal was all but done, that is just unprofessional and taking the mick.

You talk to them both during the negotiation stage. NOT after you've accepted a teams offer already, what don't people understand about that?

They have ***ed us over royally

We could pretend Graeme Baileys figure of about 3million was accurate and think "phew money saved".

On JB it seems for once Boro fans on twitter have been shown in a positive light when saying they wanted him to stay. Perhaps this could be one of those moments we look back on in years to come when we see the cup winner JB success at Boro may never have happened if Clayton hadnt made a u turn at the very last moment. I can almost see an AV article in 10 or so years with such an article :)

Hard to see him in a Boro shirt, setting aside the fans I can not think Aitor Karanka is very happy with all of this. It's unprofessional on Claytons part hugely disrespectful on the nameless/faceless agents part and looks very shady on Brightons part considering they did not have permission to speak to Clayton to tell him what they'd offer.