oneBoro Forum

Transfer Rumours, Summer 2014 "Didn't we do well!"

Can't blame him (or even his agent really) for wanting to get the best deal. And he hasn't signed anything yet. Can't really blame Brighton for wanting a good player. And can't blame Huddersfield for wanting the best fee. So I don't really feel anger towards anyone.

But we have been bent over and the repercussions re missing out on losing a good player and disrupting one of our own could be huge.

I'm sorry, but I can't disagree more with that view.

Its one thing trying to negotiate the best deal, thats what he pays his agent for, but not to turn up to sign when its all agreed in principle is unbelievable and very poor on both the agents and players parts.

I think this is dead in the water now.

It's shifty, there's no doubt about it. And unethical? Possibly.

But, at the end of the day, money isn't everything, but we're all greedy and want to best for us. Money is a powerful tool in this world. Who knows, maybe he has kids or will have kids. Priorities make people do questionable things.

I begrudge him for it, greatly. But it doesn't make me think he's the scum many on here are making him out to be. That's a little strong.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hope we either pull the offer completely or reduce the wage offer. Assuming it is true that Brighton havent been given permission to speak to him then we arent exactly in a position to be held to ransom by a player only about 50% of fans were happy to see replace JB in the first place (I am aware its AKs decision). That Huddersfield fan said that their chairman was a notoriously stubborn man and I would love it if he refused to deal with Brighton to spite Clayton and his agent.

And for those people defending Clayton whilst claiming it is all his agents doing...seriously!?! If Clayton was truly intent on coming here for the terms allegedly previously agreed then he would put the agent in place and get his *** here.

No one knows anything. Lets just wait till we get the official story. It would be a shame if there is nothing in it and his boro career starts off like this.

I can see this rumbling on, given the impasse here seems to be that Clayton's replacement is a Boro player and Butterfield will obviously unless we sign Clayton.

Don't forget that the whole reason why this has been held up in the first place is because Huddersfield wouldn't let Clayton leave until a replacement was signed.

There's just no great outcome here for us. He's either gonna join Brighton and have wasted our time while making us look like fools or he'll join us, making us look like we'll crumble at any agents demands and paying over the odds for a player who may or may not be better than a player we're letting go for less.

I think our next move will depend on who our next target down is , if we have a player lined up thats almost as good or even better we may dump him. If not well probably go back to him

The way people are going on youd think hed killed someone

Does anyone really think everyone involved in transfers is an angel ,

No need for a contract dear chap your handshake is good enough for me

Anyone ever bought a house with gazzumping and all that or are we all too angelic to do that

Graeme Bailey ‏@GraemeBailey · 55s

Told Middlesbrough are ONLY option for Adam Clayton, and only club Huddersfield are talking to. Butterfield deal also very much still on.

I can not see HTFC suddenly dropping all of our arrangements just to bow to an agent and restart negotiations with Brighton.

I can see HTFC sitting Clayton down and telling him to push through our deal just like we had to sit JB down and tell him to go to HTFC because he didnt fit AKs system.

I can see it going through but when he arrives he will have to grow a red and white beard to win us all over.

I believe in the professionals not to have their pants pulled down. They know his value if we get him I'll be happy if we don't it's not going to hurt us too much. I like Butterfield I think Clayton is a good player maybe a little different and could strengthen us but regardless as a fine man once said it is what it is. Lets get perspective back, Clayton is not the be all and end all of our promotional push. Karanka is in charge and its an exciting put up or shut up season we don't know what we're going to get (even in the transfer window) and I genuinely cant wait to find out whats to come