oneBoro Forum

Transfer Rumours, Summer 2014 "Didn't we do well!"

Thanks Whitey for your input and your usual quality informed posts.

AV has been mentioned a few times now during this window for the slightly missleading information that has surfaced.

One thing for certain this has been a much better transfer thread than those gone before

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anthony Vickers provides a lot of accurate information which I appreciate. However he has got to follow the clubs line so has to spin things at times on behalf of the club. It will be part of the relationship between AV and the club so I can't really criticise him too much. I just wish he wouldn't try to so blatantly spin things, like now how he's telling us that Clayton's actions weren't that bad after all(despite previously telling us both clubs were fuming) and even having the audacity to question Butterfield's loyalty.

Understandable that a few people are unhappy with this clayton transfer considering he has effectively been messing the club around for the last two weeks (apparently) but at the end of the day he is one of AKs top transfer targets so credit to the manager that we managed to get him when the deal looked dead.

Butterfield is a cracking footballer but he doesn't really fit into our system, sad to see him go but its for the good of the team. Sure he will do well at Huddersfield.

This has been a fantastic transfer window so far, we have managed to get most of our first choice targets in and have only missed out on one player we hoped to sign. If we could get one more striker ASAP and possibly a LW then the team would be complete.

Anthony Vickers provides a lot of accurate information which I appreciate. However he has got to follow the clubs line so has to spin things at times on behalf of the club. It will be part of the relationship between AV and the club so I can't really criticise him too much. I just wish he wouldn't try to so blatantly spin things, like now how he's telling us that Clayton's actions weren't that bad after all(despite previously telling us both clubs were fuming) and even having the audacity to question Butterfield's loyalty.

Well he's repeated in that blog that "both clubs were seething" and I don't see him particularly sticking up for anyone in that piece.

Similarly I don't think he's said anything that would upset people around JB either; if anything (for me) he's highlighting his professionalism at getting on with it. I'm sure there is more to it than that, but I don't need to know the detail of that once he's on his way, so I'm not going to worry about it. Judging by what I've seen he (JB) comes out this more positively than anyone else, but that is my own take only.

Saying that, I hope this isn't AK waiting for AC to turn up.

http://www.mfc.co.uk/news/article/2014/120814-onto-the-next-one-aitor-1821128.aspx

So Vic after Clayton and the 2 Chelski loanees how many other bodies we looking to bring in?

A left winger and an attacker?

Big Guy out.

**AV writes: Still working on a striker & a left sided midfielder plus have on-going Chelsea loanees. The timetable has drifted a bit because the top brass have been totally taken up with unravelling Clayton over the weekend. I’ll check where we are.

Just woke up :s

Can someone give me an update on whats going on?

By the looks of a few posts, JB is leaving and AV is trying to make the fans kinder towards Clayton because he's coming?

By the looks of a few posts, JB is leaving and AV is trying to make the fans kinder towards Clayton because he's coming?

We've hijacked Ameobi's move to Turkey.

Whatever happened to Andy Delort? Werent we linked with him? Rumours were on Twitter that he was due for talks? Saw Leicester & Charlton were close to signing him at various points of the window but he is still at Tours by the looks of it?

We've hijacked Ameobi's move to Turkey.

What?????? no! **** ******* ****** ******* ****!

Whatever happened to Andy Delort? Werent we linked with him? Rumours were on Twitter that he was due for talks? Saw Leicester & Charlton were close to signing him at various points of the window but he is still at Tours by the looks of it?

I think they were after Vossen levels of money for a fee.

Every Championship club is looking for their own Vossen to not sign, apparently.

Decided not to say owt else on this (don't need to), so I'll put a full stop on it instead by thanking you for the messages over the last year, for putting up with my biased reports ;) and I would urge you to get behind AC, and I hope that he becomes the midfielder you want.

Going to miss Chris who looked after us in the players lounge, and I will possibly return when Huddersfield come to the Riverside this season. My last visit was painful, watching JB and Boro relegate my own club but that's football. :-/

And despite it not working out as I'd hoped, I know it's been enjoyable for everyone involved for the most part. So good luck to you all, no bitterness here.

EIO EIO etc etc :)

Whitey.

Butterfield gone Clayton in, what's not to like

As for all the other tosh it dosn,t really matter if and when he pulls on the red shirt

What AV reports or dosnt is largely irrelevant, as if AK thinks Clayton is the man for him that will totally be ok with me for one