oneBoro Forum

Transfer Rumours, Summer 2014 "Didn't we do well!"

Clayton puts in a MOTM performance against Leeds and he will be God.

so that's all he has to do ;)

Clayton won't be playing against Leeds regardless of when (or even if) he signs.

EVER?!!!

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Claytons first game is against his old club at Elland Road...either he will be red careers or score...it's football physics

He won't need to come on since Dean Whitehead and Leadbitter will be bossing them in the middle of the park :P

Decided not to say owt else on this (don't need to), so I'll put a full stop on it instead by thanking you for the messages over the last year, for putting up with my biased reports ;) and I would urge you to get behind AC, and I hope that he becomes the midfielder you want.

Going to miss Chris who looked after us in the players lounge, and I will possibly return when Huddersfield come to the Riverside this season. My last visit was painful, watching JB and Boro relegate my own club but that's football. :-/

And despite it not working out as I'd hoped, I know it's been enjoyable for everyone involved for the most part. So good luck to you all, no bitterness here.

EIO EIO etc etc :)

Whitey.

Cheers Whitey... always enjoyed reading your considered match reports... and if you know JB well (which I'm guessing you do), wish him well from me... met him briefly in Portugal over the summer and he's a good lad... hope he gets more of a chance at HT than he did at Boro

I'm hoping I'll be allowed to stick my two penneth in at some point today. Clear a few things up. But lets wait and see if it gets over the line first. It's been edging close twice before, then retreated. Unlike certain newspapers in the North East and their (don't) know-it-all journo's, I'll hang back in giving my thoughts on this prospective double deal and sharing opinion on those involved.

However, I'd like to take this opportunity to discuss AV.

I expected better from him. But it's clear now that he isn't posting his opinions, he's posting club rhetoric. No problem with that, but I assumed he was just a Boro supporter and independent. Seems I was wrong. Supporters already take everything he says as gospel, so aye, give him a gig at the club in an official capacity. It'd save confusion.

I agree with fair portions of what he says. Over the last year I have enjoyed reading his blogs/tweets, whatever. And had this 'saga' played out exactly how he suggests it did (it didn't) then fair enough. But he's become a spokesman for the club, and you supporters hang on his every tweet. So when he tweets/blogs, he ought to have all of the facts to start with. Otherwise, you're giving those readers a false and unfair perception. And in his latest blog piece he's done it again.

I know it fits/suits to big up the arrival of AC, and to try desperately to defend his actions and shift blame onto an unknown bloke that can escape the grief (his agent), and whilst I know that wasn't how things went down I have no purpose in discussing it (so don't ask) because I've nothing against AC, or Boro the club, especially the fantastic supporters of it. My issue is AV describing what JB did, or didn't do. Describing it as though he KNOWS. When if he did, he would know not to post it because he'd know he was incorrect. So as I say, no issue with him sugar coating, masking certain aspects of the saga to help AC's arrival go down more palatable for Boro fans etc. But he lost my respect with his latest guesswork regards what JB was doing, how he was feeling/thinking etc.

Not that he'll give a toss. And neither will many of you. It's only football and these players are merely 'mercenaries' as AV put it. Not human beings with families/feelings.

I'll pop back later if able, and obviously, only if it this time gets over that line.

Cheers.

He's a Newcastle fan (or was before he was writing on the Boro)

Decided not to say owt else on this (don't need to), so I'll put a full stop on it instead by thanking you for the messages over the last year, for putting up with my biased reports ;) and I would urge you to get behind AC, and I hope that he becomes the midfielder you want.

Going to miss Chris who looked after us in the players lounge, and I will possibly return when Huddersfield come to the Riverside this season. My last visit was painful, watching JB and Boro relegate my own club but that's football. :-/

And despite it not working out as I'd hoped, I know it's been enjoyable for everyone involved for the most part. So good luck to you all, no bitterness here.

EIO EIO etc etc :)

Whitey.

No need to leave Whitey. You seem a footie fan in general so why leave when you can continue to discuss footie?

Wish Jacob all the best. Hope he can settle in and stay injury free. He's a smart player. He's clearly got talent and doesn't have an attitude. Just want to play football. What's not like in that?

Cheers fella

Been at work, what have I missed?

Apart from Ponce being banned for being naughty, of course. :P

Clayton having a medical today and Abella signed

Ah, so pretty much nothing has happened since yesterday?

Cheers. :D