oneBoro Forum

Transfer Rumours, Summer 2014 "Didn't we do well!"

TWO YEAR CONTRACTTTTTH WE PAY TEN THOUSANTTHHHHH EUROTTTTH EATTHHH WEEEKTTTTH.

YOU NOW SIGN.

What the actual F*** captain :D

I'm scared.

I think I'm turning into a younger version of you.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

SIIGN-IO, HERE-IO. YOUR WAGE-IO IS MORE THAN IT WAS-IO BEFORE-IO.

Throw me a freakin' bone-io!!!!

when he scores we will all sing E-IO E-IO

SIIGN-IO, HERE-IO. YOUR WAGE-IO IS MORE THAN IT WAS-IO BEFORE-IO.

Throw me a freakin' bone-io!!!!

when he scores we will all sing E-IO E-IO

Reminds me when my brother was on a foreign exchange, We we're making Chilli con carne. My brother was trying to find out is Isa (the Spanish girl) liked mushrooms but she couldn't understand, so he broke it down to simplify it.......................MUSH - ROOMS

Yeah, that helped!!!

Brighton having a dig at some clubs..

Brighton & Hove Albion head of football operations David Burke hopes the Football League will clamp down heavily on those clubs who fail to abide by the new Financial Fair Play rules.

Championship clubs are permitted to make a loss of £8m this season, according to rules approved by member clubs last year, with those who fail to comply set to face sanctions from the League.

"We at Brighton have been planning and working hard to get in line with FFP," Burke told BBC Sussex. "There are a number of clubs that we know already will not be within the financial limits.

"We hope the Football League will be really strong with the transfer embargos and the fines, or taxes, are imposed properly. The idea is that these clubs will be penalised."

Brighton have run out of money. The chairman has refused to put anymore in , i suppose that is the same as saying we are keeping within FFP

Or we want every other team to stick to FFP cos we have no choice

Brighton having a dig at some clubs..

Brighton & Hove Albion head of football operations David Burke hopes the Football League will clamp down heavily on those clubs who fail to abide by the new Financial Fair Play rules.

Championship clubs are permitted to make a loss of £8m this season, according to rules approved by member clubs last year, with those who fail to comply set to face sanctions from the League.

"We at Brighton have been planning and working hard to get in line with FFP," Burke told BBC Sussex. "There are a number of clubs that we know already will not be within the financial limits.

"We hope the Football League will be really strong with the transfer embargos and the fines, or taxes, are imposed properly. The idea is that these clubs will be penalised."

Brighton have run out of money. The chairman has refused to put anymore in , i suppose that is the same as saying we are keeping within FFP

Or we want every other team to stick to FFP cos we have no choice

He's right though.

Huddersfield Statement

Nigel Clibbens discusses today's transfer news

Jacob is a player that has been at the top of the list of all of our managers in recent years"

Nigel Clibbens

After a day that has seen Jacob Butterfield and Adam Clayton switch between Middlesbrough and Huddersfield Town, Chief Executive Nigel Clibbens has explained how the deal came to fruition.

“There has been a lot of media speculation with various linked clubs and claims of deals being widely reported – almost all of it groundless.

“As we explained on Saturday, a deal was progressing to sell Adam Clayton but was not concluded. All of Jacob’s side was fully agreed, but Adam Clayton was still uncomfortable to complete at that stage.

“Adam was in the final year of his contract at Huddersfield Town and we sat down and held preliminary discussions about an extension to his contract at the end of last season and then early in the pre-season, but it quickly became apparent that there was no prospect of that happening.

“Adam expressed a wish to leave if a club reached agreement with us and it matched his aspirations too. He made it crystal clear that whilst he has good feelings towards the Club, he strongly felt his future football career was best served away from Huddersfield Town. That’s football.

“Whilst we were open to selling, we made it clear to Adam that we would only sell if the terms were right for Town. Adam expressed a strong wish to talk to interested clubs, but he agreed that would only happen after Huddersfield Town had firstly agreed transfer terms. From the outset both the Club and Adam understood any deal would need to work for all three parties; Huddersfield Town, Adam and the buying club,

“Adam knew replacing him was always a key issue for the Club and so if no overall deal, including an ability to get someone in, was acceptable to Huddersfield Town, then Adam would remain a Huddersfield Town player for the remainder of his contract. There was certainly no cheap deal to be had.

“Expressions of interest and offers were received over the summer from a number of Championship clubs but following a series of formal offers from them and negotiations with clubs we finally agreed a deal that worked for us last week. That was with Boro. Crucially we were able to potentially replace Adam and receive significant cash too, which will help us reinvest and develop.

“As is normal in these situations, during this process Adam was kept fully updated. From the outset he had confirmed Middlesbrough was provisionally acceptable to him, subject to agreeing personal terms and understanding their plans.

“On Wednesday last week, we granted permission for Adam to talk to Middlesbrough as per our promise. Adam travelled immediately, met officials and discussed terms.

“Adam and Boro confirmed to us he had agreed to go, meaning the sale was only subject to his medical. We all agreed it was an important move for Adam and all parties were delighted.

“Adam’s confirmation then allowed us to begin discussion with Jacob Butterfield about joining us. After meeting Jacob and his visit to the Club, we agreed terms very quickly and prepared for deal completion last Friday. Dean spent some time talking to Jacob directly and we were all very impressed by him.

“Jacob is a player that has been at the top of the list of all of our managers in recent years. He is a player we have admired for a very long time and one who Ross Wilson and his recruitment team have done a lot of work on.

“Jacob and the Club expected to finalise the deal on Friday, but regrettably that was not possible due to a new last minute hitch with the Clayton deal. Jacob was at PPG Canalside on Friday with pen in hand, so that was a disappointment all round. On Monday Adam was training at PPG Canalside, but by the evening the deal was close to completion again! On Tuesday, once again, Jacob was ready to sign, but remarkably we again had to wait for more loose ends in the Clayton deal to be sorted. This morning, at the third attempt, it was done, much to everyone’s relief. It’s been a saga!

“When you have a deal of this nature, with one player coming in and another going out, it takes a lot of work to bring it to fruition. There are lots of things that can go wrong and lots of people who need the deal to work for them. For those reasons, it is very rare to get them done. For us to complete this, after Mark Robins left us at the same time, has made for an extraordinary few days for all involved.

“Usually these parts of a transfer are played out behind the scenes, but this time the media speculation was particularly high.

“We could have walked away from this on Sunday after Mark left, but that would have been totally wrong. We never gave that a thought. We have been totally, 100% committed to Jacob throughout.

“Standing back as a Club, we have replaced one player who wanted to go and was in the final year of his contract with a younger player (Jacob) who has more Championship experience, is of fantastic quality and calibre and character, plus attained a significant seven figure transfer fee. The deal has already allowed us to capture Conor Coady quickly and at the same time still provides cash and the opportunity to develop and improve the squad later. That represents excellent business for the Club.

“Without Jacob’s patience and resilience in difficult circumstances on Friday, on Sunday and again last night, this may have not happened. It shows how much he wants to be a Huddersfield Town player. We are really pleased to welcome him and look forward to him being a great success here.

Chairman Dean Hoyle added:

“This was a really tough deal to pull off in normal circumstances, but it is brilliant work by those involved at Town to get it over the line now. I’d like to thanks all at Middlesbrough, especially CEO Neil Bausor and Chairman Steve Gibson, who were instrumental.

“I’ve spoken to Jacob a lot in recent days and we are all absolutely delighted that Jacob has finally joined us. I’m sure Boro are just as happy – it’s a ‘win-win’.”

Read more at http://www.htafc.com/news/article/first-team-news-nc-on-transfers-1827098.aspx#AdHZf4SfZjCvQW3s.99

Quality spinnage by the Terriers. Hopefully we'll do something the same that agrees but disagrees with them and then Clayton and his agent can have their turn as well.

I don't blame Brighton at all. They're completely right and a couple of months ago we as Boro fans would have been saying exactly the same thing. If we spend big, it all goes tits up for us and we have a big fine and sanctions on our doorstep next season, then honestly it would be justly deserved.

However, having said that, I don't know the ins and outs of the finances nor the future plans like Gibson and co do. I have complete faith that there is at least reasonable sound logic in what they're doing. And to be fair as it stands we haven't actually spent that much more then we've brought in, though that might change. Additionally, many other teams have taken the biscuit in terms of finances far more then we have both now and in the past. So it would be a brutal injustice if we were targeted and others were let off the hook.

So, for now, I'm just going to enjoy the ride. But it would be unreasonable to ignore or disregard what Brighton are saying, regardless of whether or not it's genuine ethics or a case of an empty piggy-bank.

I don't blame Brighton at all. They're completely right and a couple of months ago we as Boro fans would have been saying exactly the same thing. If we spend big, it all goes tits up for us and we have a big fine and sanctions on our doorstep next season, then honestly it would be justly deserved.

However, having said that, I don't know the ins and outs of the finances nor the future plans like Gibson and co do. I have complete faith that there is at least reasonable sound logic in what they're doing. And to be fair as it stands we haven't actually spent that much more then we've brought in, though that might change. Additionally, many other teams have taken the biscuit in terms of finances far more then we have both now and in the past. So it would be a brutal injustice if we were targeted and others were let off the hook.

So, for now, I'm just going to enjoy the ride. But it would be unreasonable to ignore or disregard what Brighton are saying, regardless of whether or not it's genuine ethics or a case of an empty piggy-bank.

AV writes: When Gibbo outlined his plans for the summer (in defiance of all the FFP logic he is underwriting a promotion push) he finished by saying: “I must be ******* crackers.

It looks like its promotion or transfer embargo possibly. SG is once again just being a boro fan and gone all out.

I think also it has been mentioned, transfer fees is not the problem as they are usually staggered. Crucially, our wage bill has blown out to £20m. and our income is only £4m, add the £8m owners are allowed to put in, we are still short by a massive £8m. (Figures according to AV) If were to rid of KK, Halliday, Carayol, Rhys, Steele, get some transfer fees in PLUS have maybe a few thousand extra season ticket holders, maybe just maybe we might fall within FFP. More likely its promotion or transfer embargo.

I know Whitey has probably left but if you see this would you care to shed any light on this paragraph

“Without Jacob’s patience and resilience in difficult circumstances on Friday, on Sunday and again last night, this may have not happened. It shows how much he wants to be a Huddersfield Town player. We are really pleased to welcome him and look forward to him being a great success here"

I totally agree that AV was wrong to had a dig at JB but that last paragraph indicates what AV said had an element of truth to it. I got the impression that JB didn't want to leave but this suggests otherwise

(Not having a dig, I'm genuinely curious)

I'm over the moon we finally have Adam on board as I think he will excel in our team with quality players around him. I also wish Jacob all the best as he is now going to play 90 minutes every week instead of 60! It's a shame to see him go but like it's been said before he's an expensive bench warmer for us. I also think the lad deserves game time and he just wasn't going to get it here

AV writes: When Gibbo outlined his plans for the summer (in defiance of all the FFP logic he is underwriting a promotion push) he finished by saying: “I must be ******* crackers.

It looks like its promotion or transfer embargo possibly. SG is once again just being a boro fan and gone all out.

I think also it has been mentioned, transfer fees is not the problem as they are usually staggered. Crucially, our wage bill has blown out to £20m. and our revenue is only £4m, add the £8m owners are allowed to put in, we are still short by a massive £8m. (Figures according to AV) If were to rid of KK, Halliday, Carayol, Rhys, Steele, get some transfer fees in PLUS have maybe a few thousand extra season ticket holders, maybe just maybe we might fall within FFP. More likely its promotion or transfer embargo.

Our revenue isn't £4 million. In the last set of accounts it was £14 million I believe.