oneBoro Forum

Transfer Rumours, Summer 2014 "Didn't we do well!"

Oh sorry I forgot that only the way you interpret things is the only way that matters.

Last time I checked your name wasn't whitey either

I got the impression from whitey that JB was practically forced out (could be wrong) I get the impression from that article that JB was quite happy to sign for them. Players who don't want to leave don't have to, he may well have wanted to stay and fight for his place he may have though it would be easier to sign for H'field and get definite game time. Basically I wanted to know if he was forced out and told he wouldn't play at all

lol grow up mate. If you want a private chat with Whitey then PM him. This a public forum mate and people comment on all kinds of things.

You're an intelligent bloke so what do you think is most likely? That out of the blue Butterfield decided to leave coincidentally at the same time as we were doing this deal or that he was told the club were willing to let him go, whilst we were signing someone to play in his position, then put two and two together and realised his playing time would be numbered? As I said you're complicating something which is pretty simple, well AV is actually, you're simply reading what he wrote of course.

We were signing someone to play in his position, he was told that he could go so he took the hint and left. Fair play to him as he obviously just wants to play and I wish him luck. Just the wrong type of player for our needs.

He did an interview on BBC Tees earlier where he explained that as far as he was aware, he was a Boro player and looking forward to the season at a club he loved being at. He then said, that AK told him about the Huddersfield/Clayton deal/interest and although he said he'd keep the context of that to himself, that basically he knew he was no longer wanted by the manager and so he then tried to make the best of the situation he was presented with, which was to speak with Town and take it from there. And as Nigel Clibbens has said in that statement, they really wanted him at Town and Jacob sees it as an exciting challenge that he's looking forward to getting started.

In my opinion, the lad has behaved impeccably whilst at Boro, under trying circumstances. Never thrown the teddy out (unlike others), got on with what was in front of him. I'm so proud of him for that. And the statement I referred to is very pleasing to read, and I hope that he can now settle there, and really kick on at a club where he feels appreciated, but more importantly I hope the manager that ends up appointed will be good for him, and just as honest and straight as Jacob is himself.

He went on to thank the Boro fans in that interview for always backing/supporting him, and he looks forward to returning this season with Town. I hope he's given a decent reception. Because you've lost a terrific footballer and a terrific lad. But the manager of a club does (and should always) decide what he wants. His job is on the line, and if he feels player 'x' would be better than player 'y' then so be it, it's his job to lose.

No bitterness here. I wish Clayton, Gibbo, Neil and you the supporters nothing but the best this season and beyond.

Up The Boro.

EIO EIO :)

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ffp is serious. One team was forced to spend 50million on David Luiz despite breaking it

Poor bar stewards :(

That's a worse punishment than their fine.

That's all I wanted to know whitey. Thanks for that. I much prefer knowing the facts from the horses mouth than putting 2 and 2 together. I wish the lad all the best. I just hope he can keep them in this division.

Ffp is serious. One team was forced to spend 50million on David Luiz despite breaking it

Poor bar stewards :(

That's a worse punishment than their fine.

Do they still have Thiago Silva at CB too? They just need Pepe to complete their panini album of crap world cup defenders now!

I like this:

“I enjoyed my two years at Huddersfield. Jacob will find a great little club run by good people and the lads there are top notch, if they get it right they’ll be all right"

They're a good little club. There's the boos coming his way when we play them this season...

FFP? "Gibson going for it" "Promotion push" "Bankroll " "I must be ........ crackers" About what?. We have sold three strikers. Got one in. We have sold a midfielder, got one in. Left back signed as a possible replacement for the immenent departure of one of our most influential players for a nice profit.

What have we sold for @£4.5M?

What have we spent @£4.5M?

"What ever you say", the totals are not to disimilar.

All this premature euphoria. Automatic promotion? We have beaten a relegation fodder team at home and beaten a league 1 side away. We had a scare during the game, was our star striker injured? Thankfully not, as we have few other options up front.

With the possible exception of Kike who is showing early promise against inferior sides, how is this squad any better than the side that finished mid table last season.

"It is what it is" at the moment, More spending required for promotion IMO.

Oh sorry I forgot that only the way you interpret things is the only way that matters.

Last time I checked your name wasn't whitey either

I got the impression from whitey that JB was practically forced out (could be wrong) I get the impression from that article that JB was quite happy to sign for them. Players who don't want to leave don't have to, he may well have wanted to stay and fight for his place he may have though it would be easier to sign for H'field and get definite game time. Basically I wanted to know if he was forced out and told he wouldn't play at all

lol grow up mate. If you want a private chat with Whitey then PM him. This a public forum mate and people comment on all kinds of things.

You're an intelligent bloke so what do you think is most likely? That out of the blue Butterfield decided to leave coincidentally at the same time as we were doing this deal or that he was told the club were willing to let him go, whilst we were signing someone to play in his position, then put two and two together and realised his playing time would be numbered? As I said you're complicating something which is pretty simple, well AV is actually, you're simply reading what he wrote of course.

We were signing someone to play in his position, he was told that he could go so he took the hint and left. Fair play to him as he obviously just wants to play and I wish him luck. Just the wrong type of player for our needs.

He did an interview on BBC Tees earlier where he explained that as far as he was aware, he was a Boro player and looking forward to the season at a club he loved being at. He then said, that AK told him about the Huddersfield/Clayton deal/interest and although he said he'd keep the context of that to himself, that basically he knew he was no longer wanted by the manager and so he then tried to make the best of the situation he was presented with, which was to speak with Town and take it from there. And as Nigel Clibbens has said in that statement, they really wanted him at Town and Jacob sees it as an exciting challenge that he's looking forward to getting started.

In my opinion, the lad has behaved impeccably whilst at Boro, under trying circumstances. Never thrown the teddy out (unlike others), got on with what was in front of him. I'm so proud of him for that. And the statement I referred to is very pleasing to read, and I hope that he can now settle there, and really kick on at a club where he feels appreciated, but more importantly I hope the manager that ends up appointed will be good for him, and just as honest and straight as Jacob is himself.

He went on to thank the Boro fans in that interview for always backing/supporting him, and he looks forward to returning this season with Town. I hope he's given a decent reception. Because you've lost a terrific footballer and a terrific lad. But the manager of a club does (and should always) decide what he wants. His job is on the line, and if he feels player 'x' would be better than player 'y' then so be it, it's his job to lose.

No bitterness here. I wish Clayton, Gibbo, Neil and you the supporters nothing but the best this season and beyond.

Up The Boro.

EIO EIO :)

Make sure you don't lose touch Whitey, we really enjoy having you here!

And I really wish it worked for JB here, I genuinely think he's a quality midfielder in the right set up.

Be gone with your pessimism!

Tickled me that.

The buzz is justified. Hands up if we've seen a set play like that ever at the Riverside...

And it's not just about that one set play it's about the connotations it brings. We're playing football. We're not wasting chances or set plays. The manager wants people literally losing sleep over somebody taking their position. If that's not reason for excitement after the monotoned (hero who I still love) Mowbray then what is

Booooo to your pessimism. If I'm not wrong, if the league started when AK took over we would have finished top 6. We have added since, with what looks like real quality. Surely that is grounds for optimism regardless of how poor the teams are that we have beaten thus season.

10000 season tickets at about 400 quid each is income of 4million, and that's before merchandising and sponsorships.

We haven't really spent any money on signings this summer (net). It's the wages that will push us close to ffp, though if we weren't to gain promotion, we know we have assets we can sell to bring us within the limits

However, we are going to be promoted come may so none of that really matters.

FFP? "Gibson going for it" "Promotion push" "Bankroll " "I must be ........ crackers" About what?. We have sold three strikers. Got one in. We have sold a midfielder, got one in. Left back signed as a possible replacement for the immenent departure of one of our most influential players for a nice profit.

What have we sold for @£4.5M?

What have we spent @£4.5M?

"What ever you say", the totals are not to disimilar.

All this premature euphoria. Automatic promotion? We have beaten a relegation fodder team at home and beaten a league 1 side away. We had a scare during the game, was our star striker injured? Thankfully not, as we have few other options up front.

With the possible exception of Kike who is showing early promise against inferior sides, how is this squad any better than the side that finished mid table last season.

"It is what it is" at the moment, More spending required for promotion IMO.

Well, maintaining a wage bill that you can't really afford could be described as going for it even if it's not an easy thing to see. As you say, the transfer spending and transfer income are not miles apart although I don't believe they are even as you suggest. I suppose part of it is the fact that we've attempted to spend a lot more money on Vossen albeit we haven't actually got that deal done. Yet :)

In terms of the squad not being any better and needing more players, I think everyone agrees with the latter including the club. That's why we're pushing ahead with more signings. If the media reports are accurate that we're looking for a left sided attacking player and another two forwards and if we get them in as well as the other signings were in the process of making then this summer will have seen us sign at the very least: a goalkeeper, two right backs, one left back, one central defender (loan), one central midfielder, one right winger, one left winger and at least two forwards. The outgoings we know of so far are a right back/midfielder we had on loan, a midfielder, two forwards that were away on loan and one forward who was here on loan. Have I missed anyone? So on that basis you can make a case for the squad being stronger but of course we don't know how new signings will perform over the season

Booooo to your pessimism. If I'm not wrong, if the league started when AK took over we would have finished top 6. We have added since, with what looks like real quality. Surely that is grounds for optimism regardless of how poor the teams are that we have beaten thus season.

10000 season tickets at about 400 quid each is income of 4million, and that's before merchandising and sponsorships.

We haven't really spent any money on signings this summer (net). It's the wages that will push us close to ffp, though if we weren't to gain promotion, we know we have assets we can sell to bring us within the limits

However, we are going to be promoted come may so none of that really matters.

I believe we actually would have finished 7th.

Still great, compared to our season beginning but still.

Be gone with your pessimism!

Tickled me that.

The buzz is justified. Hands up if we've seen a set play like that ever at the Riverside...

And it's not just about that one set play it's about the connotations it brings. We're playing football. We're not wasting chances or set plays.

I have. I've seen us fail to score from hundreds if not thousands of set pieces at the Riverside and countless other grounds.

We did waste the set play as it happens, we didn't score and we used it up in a game where we were cruising, which actually makes it worse. It'll probably be harder to try it again now that we've done it and we could have saved it for a tight game where we were struggling to create chances.

I get what you're saying though. There's clearly some thought and a lot of preparation going into things and that has to be a positive thing.

Who cares about the FFP rules? If it was a piece of paper I would wipe my *** on it.

Think of what this season will bring! The Boro are going up!

UTB!