oneBoro Forum

Transfer Rumours, Summer 2014 "Didn't we do well!"

According to Transfermarkt, Williams is under contract until 2016. If we had any offer - even a free - I'd accept - but I doubt there'd by any forthcoming. He's in decent wage too, I suspect...

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think as mentioned before that this season will be the make or break time for Luke Williams, if he does not stay within the squad and is loaned out again then I really do not think he will be getting any more contracts with Boro

Agreed, DS. Personally think that, if we do loan in a No. 10 like Baker, it'd be a massive shame... I genuinely think that if Luke was kept in and around the first team for a season, he'd develop into a good squad player for us. His problem seems to have been not knowing his best position; not strong or clinical enough to be an out-and-out striker, has the pace but not the final product to play out wide. The no. 10 role seems to have been where he's found his feet.

Well I've watched in the flesh Williams 3 times this season already including a preseason game and he's been very good in all of those games. To say he has pace but no end product is completely the opposite of true. He has also bulked up and looked tall and strong now. His position is clearly playing behind the striker and linking up play but he can also play out wide and up top to good effect. His retention of the ball is much better than tomlin, as is his passing and finshing.He has so much potential and certainly hasn't let down yet in the last few months. To try and offload him would be crazy.

Can you really see Kamara staying all season and perhaps not even getting near the first team squad let alone the bench?

I would hate to have another Scottie debacle again though different reasons I appreciate.

To me it seems a complete and utter farce for all concerned and to a degree an embarresment for the club and player himself

Disagree. He'll be on peanuts compared to SMc and I don't think he's the right character for Karanka. He's a joker, he used to turn up to training in fancy dress.

I don't think he'll play again under Karanka but I don't think him being on the books for the next year if we can't get rid of him will be a problem.

Karanka wants players who are 100% focussed every single day, be it in training or on a match day. Kamara is not that.

@untypicalboro @Boro any news on the transfer front yet today?

@cp_matthews @Boro Should be. Waiting for a call.

Today could actually turn out very exciting! :)

@untypicalboro @Boro any news on the transfer front yet today?

@cp_matthews @Boro Should be. Waiting for a call.

Today could actually turn out very exciting! :)

I hope you're right, but the last day that 'should' have been exciting ended up bringing precisely no signings ;)

I really really want Williams to be our secondary no. 10 being in & around the 1st team and becoming more & more an integral member of the squad over the next few years.

But if we can get someone better for not much more money surely that makes sense, our ultimate aim is to be promoted & if a Chelsea loanee can help us achieve it better than Williams then so be it.

Harsh I know but just because he is one of our own it shouldn't give him any more right than anyone else.

Just seen this on twitter:

Middlesbrough boss Aitor Karanka has offered former Real Madrid academy winger, 23 year old Rico Ramon a one year contract. #boro #mfc

@ITK_Beej: Middlesbrough boss Aitor Karanka has offered former Real Madrid academy winger, 23 year old Rico Ramon a one year contract. #boro #mfc

Could this turn out to be another transfer exclusive by me? ;)

@ITK_Beej: Middlesbrough boss Aitor Karanka has offered former Real Madrid academy winger, 23 year old Rico Ramon a one year contract. #boro #mfc

That sounds promising, is that source reliable?

Boro Boy had the scoop on this one ;)

Devastated :(

I can't find any info on this 'apparent' player