• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think any striker we bring in will be effective in the formation we play we simply don't get the ball up to them enough in dangerous areas . We use to blame juke but since at Bolton we seen what he can do . And I don't think graham is to bad but he just has to run around because he doesn't see the ball enough .

Maybe AK has plans to bring in two decent forwards and change formation next season . And this 4-2-3-1 was just to stabilise the season .

Patrick Bamford on loan should be on of our top targets, he's been quality this season, hopefully Karanka's Mourinho ties will help us as he will undoubtedly be in high demand

I personally I don't mind the 4-2-3-1 formation when it is used correctly with attacking players with creativity/pace making up the 3 behind the striker I think it works!

Yet mainly at home against the poorer teams in this league (which there are many) I believe we need that 2nd striker. I feel that the formation could change to 4-1-3-2 to keep the core of the team the same yet make us more of a threat upfront and less defensive

I don't think any striker we bring in will be effective in the formation we play we simply don't get the ball up to them enough in dangerous areas . We use to blame juke but since at Bolton we seen what he can do . And I don't think graham is to bad but he just has to run around because he doesn't see the ball enough .

Maybe AK has plans to bring in two decent forwards and change formation next season . And this 4-2-3-1 was just to stabilise the season .

Just for the record, in the 4-2-3-1 your strikers main job isn't actually to score goals.

They need to be intelligent players who can find space and have good enough vision to play in the bank of three behind them.

The 4-2-3-1 sees most of it's goals come from that bank of 3, usually. Obviously they need to be able to score goals too, but they need to be more creative than just a pure finisher.

From the Gazette-

Aitor Karanka has changed his mind about the kind of players he wants to sign in the summer.

His initial intention on taking charge of Boro was to eventually bring in talented young Spaniards to strengthen the squad.

But now he recognises that the Championship will be too demanding for that kind of player and has turned his attention to other options.

Karl Henry and Ishmael Miller?

It would be kinda funny if we went to the trouble of bringing Karanka to the club only for him to start signing players like that and setting up teams like Allardyce :)

Is there only me reading too far into this quote, and thinking maybe Karanka is just telling us he has no control over transfers and he's literally just a head coach... And not to expect miracles?

I just read it as that when he first came to the club he'll have had in his mind the idea to being talented young Spanish players over here, they'd out football everyone and Bobs yer uncle we're in the Premier League. But now he's spent some time here he's realised it's not as simple as that and that those players may struggle with the game in the Championship so he's having to come up with other ideas.

I think he has realised the fact that this is a very tough league to get out of and that maybe the young Spanish players he had in mind are not suited to the physical demands of the Championship. At least he's realised, what if he did bring them in and they failed to adapt. It would just be another waste of a season.

Sky sports says that Kitching lad is getting a new contract so he might possibly be more involved next year too.

Cheers, Brunners. Would be nice if our youth team players could challenge for full back spots, an area we need extra depth in, I'd say, but not one we'd want to spend too much on.

I really like the fact that Karanka wants a good settled team from the first minute of the new season. We really can't afford to do our business late in the transfer window. The new players need to get settled in quick, preferably during pre season. We have got to be ready from Day 1, a good start is vital to our chances.

Wouldn't be too surprised if we revived our interest in Lex Immers over the summer.

Was it legit interest before? I thought I remember reading that no contact was actually ever made?