• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd say Bamford and Baker as well. Smallwood is never going to be a world beater, but I'm more than happy for him to be in the squad behind Grant, Dean and Clayton.

Surely Steele will be leaving?

Only by sale. We've turned down a few loans for him already.

Oh, definitely wouldn't let him leave on loan. We should really be trying to find a new club for him as it's clear that he won't see much game time under AK and it's would be better him to leave for at least some cash + add ons than on a free.

(think his contract is up in June, isn't it?)

Unless he is playing in the reserves then he will not get a chance to put himself in the shopping window will he?

Him on loan is pointless.

We can't sell him if he's on loan, he will leave on a free.

Surely Steele will be leaving?

Only by sale. We've turned down a few loans for him already.

We need to sell Steele and hopefully get around £1.5m mark for him. It's a shame to see him go but he's out of contract in the summer and only 3rd choice at the moment.

I'll pass on what I got told yesterday Saville was cold on leaving London so we started talking to a different CFC midfielder late last week. McEachrans off to Vitesse, Saville's probably going out to Brentford and Ake got ruled out since he is in the senior squad.

In a text last night my mate was saying plans just got changed from the top, I take that to mean Baker is the one we're taking on loan. CFC plans had Baker staying with U21s until at least January then consider a loan the U21 team was prepped for him. I doubt it's Brown or Feruz they are both far too raw, from the way he put it to me yesterday someone made a call and changed the plans of the U21 support staff with the season very close to kicking off. He also said Chalobah has 3 PL clubs wanting him and that he's likely heading to QPR or Burnley on loan.

I have written some info bout Baker earlier

With all the drama surround the AC transfer, not much has been said of the potential/possible loan for Lewis Baker. He looks like a capable #10, two-footed and good competition for Tomlin. Chelsea young player of the year, 2nd top scorer in the U21s with 11 goals from 20 games while also chipping with 7 assists. Recently he also played in a pre-season friendly against AFC Wimbledon where he provided all 3 assists in the 3-2 win. So by all accounts, he looks like he will be a handy player to have in our squad this season.