• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

£500k + sell on clause, I'd imagine.

I'd snap their hands off at that. He's a great lad but never going to be good enough and just taking up wages now unfortunately.

I still want to see Steele, Halliday and Kamara out the door and Burgess, Atkinson, Bennet out on loan as well.

Didn't we get £750k for JB? There is no way we'll get £500k for Richie.

Oh its £175k, not a lot really. Don't see the point, won't we have to replace him now?

£175,000 according to AV

Meh at the end of the day, money in and wages freed up for a player in the last year of his contract(?), can't complain too much

More importantly, it frees up another place in the squad, I guess we're on the verge of signing a CM.

Smallwood is a very tidy player, not one to make mistakes but never going to be spectacular. A poor mans Whitehead I would say. I see him going for 250/300k at best, considering he's Only played 80 odd times in his career and is nearly 24 he's still got a lot to prove. Hope he does go and hope he makes a decent career for himself but ultimately he's not good enough to be part of a promotion push or even realistically a top half Championship team.

If Baker and Bamford deals go through this week I Think the money (whatever it may be) that we could get for him could help us get that third striker in and hopefully one more versatile midfield option.

Baker will replace him in the squad and compete for the 2 DM places with Whitehead, Leadbitter and Clayton.

Expected to see Smallwood go from the start of the summer. Only have to look at how he was used in pre-season and thus far to see that.

I'm guessing this is how we're going to accommodate Bamford and Baker in the side - playing Baker as more of a CM, albeit an attacking one, benching Whitehead and playing either Leadbitter or Clayton in the defensive midfield role.

I'd like to think there's a sell on fee for Richie though.

£175,000 according to AV

Meh at the end of the day, money in and wages freed up for a player in the last year of his contract(?), can't complain too much

More importantly, it frees up another place in the squad, I guess we're on the verge of signing a CM.

Another Chelsea loanee??