oneBoro Forum

Transfer Rumours, Summer 2014 "Didn't we do well!"

Interested to see who this LW and 3rd striker are that AV has made reference to. Think once we the Chelsea lads in we will turn our attention to them.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Would have preferred to see Whitehead leave and not Smallwood. Smallwood has lots of potential to become a top defensive midfielder in this league. Sick of Whitehead, he was awful at Leeds

Interesting to see that they have already made two bids which fell 'well short' of our valuation. if we have accepted £175k, then how small was the offer for it to be 'well short'.

It's good to see that we are eeking every last penny out of deals this summer

Wish Richie all the best always thought he was decent, good grafter. But with our midfield currently and with incoming loans he was never going to get much game time..... So probably best move for all parties really.

It's probably matched their previous offer, but with far better add ones and clauses.

Shame to see Richie go - think with an extended run of games he'd be good enough to play a decent part. Hope it works out well for the lad.

Not disappointed to see Smallwood leave. He's not a bad little player, but he's certainly not even close to being up there with the better CMs in this league. And, let's be honest, he's not genuine competition for our other CMs.

Wish him all the best. He has an excellent attitude and could do well for Rotherham.

Not disappointed to see Smallwood leave. He's not a bad little player, but he's certainly not even close to being up there with the better CMs in this league. And, let's be honest, he's not genuine competition for our other CMs.

Wish him all the best. He has an excellent attitude and could do well for Rotherham.

Summed up perfectly, completely agree.

And as someone who knows him quite well, I'm sure he will use this move to carve out a great little career for himself.

Can't see what all the fuss is about.

I would have said £250k tops and at £175k with add-ons I guess that is where we are. Pointless saying who we would sell instead as Rotherham only bid for Richie. Good solid player but clearly not what AK wants so best he goes and frees up a space.

Good luck to the lad

@untypicalboro: We believe Smallwood will sign emergency loan today so is available for home game v Watford tonight & will sign permanent deal tomorrow.

@Boro: BREAKING: Midfielder Richie Smallwood has joined Rotherham United on an emergency loan.

I'm back in form! :D

Hope he gets a debut goal against them. good luck to the lad

is it just me or is this emergency loan rule mad. People are going to use it to allow the player to play when they cant sign and play immediately. Why dont they just change the rule to say if you are signed within 2 hours of the game, you can play. Makes it so much easier for fans to understand

Yeah good luck to him, always sad to see an academy lad go but I have to agree with the majority here. It's a good move for both parties and hopefully that means a few signings are imminent.