oneBoro Forum

Transfer Rumours, Summer 2014 "Didn't we do well!"

That's exactly my point, BB84. The money isn't there, it's coming straight from Gibson. If we buy Vossen this season, I'm fairly confident in saying that it in terms of the money Gibbo puts forward this term.

Regardless - when Bamford comes, I think that puts an end to the Vossen talk. Mourinho and Bamford wouldn't have agreed to the deal unles Bamford was going to be a regular starter - and if we brought in Vossen, there'd be no space for Bamford in that respect.

Maybe that's why the bamford deal is been held up. ;)

The Bamford deal will be done today.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Again, I think we should just go and sign Luke James. Looked really good in League 2 and has had a couple of seasons looking decent in a rather bad side in League 1 and he's only 19!

He can play attacking midfield or up top and wouldn't cost the Earth if we sweeten the deal with a loan of either Williams or Fewster.

That and he wouldn't even have to move house! :P

Again, I think we should just go and sign Luke James. Looked really good in League 2 and has had a couple of seasons looking decent in a rather bad side in League 1 and he's only 19!

He can play attacking midfield or up top and wouldn't cost the Earth if we sweeten the deal with a loan of either Williams or Fewster.

Is he really that good? No other teams seem to be interested in him apart from Posh which may suggest he's not good enough for a higher level?

Is he really that good? No other teams seem to be interested in him apart from Posh which may suggest he's not good enough for a higher level?

I swear that there were scouts from Prem clubs looking at him at one point.

I swear that there were scouts from Prem clubs looking at him at one point.

Wouldn't you rather spend that £1m on someone who's proven in this league and will hit the ground running....

Danny Graham? :P

Or the potential to do a Main :s

Main is a completely different kettle of fish... Probably Blob Fish.

He was released by Darlo because of a lack of effort and bad attitude. James has worked hard for Pools.

KM - Don't forget how good Posh are at unearthing young talent and selling them on for multi millions... Assombalonga? Gayle? :)

You make a good point but can we really afford to take a risk if we are chasing promotion? He'd almost certainly need time to settle in, we need players who will hit the ground running like Kike has

£1m? Not sure I'd pay £1m for James - unless a decent chunk of it was performance / promotion based.

I'd be happy with Graham, but Prowlers involved in this conversation! :p

Yep Peterborough had a bid of just over £1m turned down

£1m? Not sure I'd pay £1m for James - unless a decent chunk of it was performance / promotion based.

I'd be happy with Graham, but Prowlers involved in this conversation! :p

Yep Peterborough had a bid of just over £1m turned down

Asked if the figure of £1m was true, all Cooper would say was: “I can assure you there hasn’t been a bid of £1m made.” Hartlepool Mail

Apparently the bid was just shy of £1m, but Peterborough are now saying the deal is dead in the water. Must have hit their limit