oneBoro Forum

Transfer Rumours, Summer 2014 "Didn't we do well!"

Cheers.

Who are the other championship clubs after him, I know Leeds where mentioned but would he want to join them over us. We look like a team who is going to have a real go this season so I can't see many better prospects for him.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He's probably already here. It may be Karanka trying to keep Wednesday guessing. Yet I wouldn't be surprised to see all the bedwetting fans lynch mob him on twitter, like they did with Clayton.

~ ‏@VivaKaranka Aug 16

we need someone who can come off the bench and make a impact

Bamford favourited this twit below in response to the above twit. Could this be the reason for the hold up?? Him not being assured of enough match time?

Michael Gant‏ @ganty1985

@VivaKaranka @Patrick_Bamford lol "come of the bench" really selling it there! ?

As I mentioned earlier, reading in between the lines of his favourited tweet, a lot of his concerns are probably relating to where is he going to play and how often.

It is often mentioned that Middlesbrough is a good place for Chelsea youngsters because we play the same system 4-2-3-1, but with Kike being first choice, if Bamford were to play, it is either going to be out of position or in a different formation with 2 forwards. And the likelihood is Karanka will probably play 4-2-3-1 more often than not. As for leaving London being a consideration, it is only for a years loan, I am sure he is more concerned about his long term career and at most this will be a secondary consideration.

If reports are right in that, Bamford was here last week and even trained then he was back on Monday.....Surely he knows if he wants to sign for us, If he has done what is reported and still needs time to think then lets just forget about him.

That's definitely a possibility (ph's post). If we're looking for him to play the Inside Left / Wide Supporting Striker role I mentioned yesterday, he might be reluctant and rather go to another club who'll play him as their first choice Centre Forward. Nevertheless - I think we can be sure that AK, JM and PB will all be in discussions over the coming days.

But, if he's not 100% certain he wants to be here! then fair enough. Regardless of my feelings about him as a player - the lad also needs to make the right choice for himself.

I totally agree. Bamford was a starter most of the time at Derby. He may feel that if he's not guaranteed an automatic start that it's a backward step.

I would be very surprised if the club don't have other irons in the fire. Offering him a deadline would mean we could pursue those targets. Interesting comments from Steve Bruce yesterday that Hull have/are in a position to replace Shane Long and are talking to 6-8 clubs. OK that's PL but I would hope we've not put our eggs in one basket.

That's the tactical dilemma. Do we stick with 4-2-3-1 and play Bamford in a slightly unnatural position? Or do we deviate from 4-2-3-1 and play a system that perhaps doesn't suit JM's needs quite so much? Might be possible given AK's stance that we only started with 1 striker previously because we only had one competent striker. Bamford not starting games no longer seems like an option, should he sign.

Hope he opts for a move here because with him our forward line would look absolutely lethal. And I'm not worried that he feels the need to mull over his decision - fair enough. But I am concerned that we're approaching the end of the window now and we still need 2 decent strikers in. If he turns us down it's possible we'll be left very short in that department.

Then again, AK is probably one of the most organised, dedicated and thorough manager's in this league! He probably has a plan z.

Problem is, going two up top would also mean forcing Tomlin to play in a slightly unnatural position. Perhaps I'm bias because of my dislike for Bamford, but if he not willing to play wide left and come inside, then I'd rather us look to sign a striker who can, and is happy to, understudy Kike.

You can see where Bamford is coming from and its understandable. Why give up a starting position at a low prem/high championship club to be a non-starter at a high championship club (yes i did just clarify boro as high :p)?

It's definitely a hard position in a squad to fill. You need a player who is not that much class wise away from your starter but is also willing to play second fiddle...

I think we should focus our attention on another target

Throwing an old name out there again but did I see that Norwich have signed a new striker over the last day or two?

If so where does that put Becchio in the pecking order and more realistically would they loan to another Championship club or would want a cash transfer?

Also did Leeds sign a new Italian yesterday another striker again I believe

Just thought I'd point out that Bamford is a Nottingham lad and not a southerner so won't be all London this London that, wonder how long it took him to decide to join MKDons or his team Forests hated rivals Derby?

Cheers.

Who are the other championship clubs after him, I know Leeds where mentioned but would he want to join them over us. We look like a team who is going to have a real go this season so I can't see many better prospects for him.

Yes welcome Melchett!

Blackadder fan? as in Lord Melchett:)