oneBoro Forum

Transfer Rumours, Summer 2014 "Didn't we do well!"

I think it's mostly down to Vickers to be fair DS. Karanka said he hoped the loan would be completed shortly, however Vickers keeps putting incorrect timescales on things. He started by saying he would be playing on Tuesday, then said it would be completed this morning, which has now turned into within the next 24 hours.

IMO he should just follow with what Karanka says and say that it's expected shortly rather than putting a timescale on it and causing fans to panic.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quote from Kenny Jacket:

“We’ve enquired about him in the past but I don’t know currently what’s happening with him and where he’s going.

“I don’t know what his options are and where he stands in Chelsea’s pecking order. At one stage it seemed he was quite high, but is he falling down it now?

“We’re not necessarily in regular touch with regard to where he’s going next, if he goes anywhere.”

To be honest, I wouldn't say this sounded like they were 'in for him' so much as just filling column inches.

"Alex McLeish is hoping to change Jelle Vossen's mind. However, the striker informed ​​the new coach that he wants to leave Racing Genk this summer. There is still interest from Middlesbrough. McLeish would like to again appeal to Vossen." - Roughly translated quote from Belgian Media... #FreeJelleVossen

This seems to be going from the sublime to the ridiculous. All this posturing and info coming from the EG, AK and AV seems to be just that.

Why has this "loan" without the need for International clearences etc etc taken this long?

Are we going to be gazumped at the final hour.

Has Vickers been tweeting at all?

It's getting beyond farcical, I'm getting rather annoyed with the farce

A loan is still probably complicated, there's loan fees and wages to negotiate, plus other clubs coming in last minute. He obviously wants to look at all his options.

We wouldn't be paying Chelsea any loan fees and if any of the wages I would have thought as we're very close with them

You lot are like women. Bamford has agreed to join us. We're waiting on admin being completed, it'll be announced tomorrow.

Haven't we heard this for about the last few weeks, how do you know he hadn't agreed to join then again got cold feet?

After the Clayton saga you'd think the gazette would stop prematurely announcing deals.

They dont preaturely announce deals. They get told player A is due at the ground tomorrow and thats what they report. If people wish to read hes signed thats up to them. Just because hes due to arrive doesnt mean he will