• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Of course your efforts are appreciated Syd but I suspect many are gearing themselves to a Vossen watch on deadline day.

Lets just say it would be a pleasant surprise if he came to the Boro................oh who am I kidding this place will go into a literal melt down and will cause the server to implode

Tusan tac!

The reason that people aren't commenting about Vossen is that absolutely nothing has changed. Vossen is a Genk player and we haven't had a bid accepted for him. Unless that last point has changed then what is there to talk about exactly?

I think people are just getting sick of the Vossen talk but that would quickly change once AV tweets one of his exclusives saying he's on his way to Rockliffe :P

Although I'm well pleased with the signing of Fredericks, I'm somewhat underwhelmed by the raging lack of interest in what is happening on the Vossen front. I took the trouble of translating (not Google!) and posting a Belgian news article this morning and zero reaction from anyone - much less a word of thanks for my effort.

The Vossen saga might well be a dead duck as far as most people are concerned - and I can't say I blame them - but things are moving along for the first time in ages. He has turned down an offer from Croatia, says he wants to come to Boro and, according to Het Laatste Nieuws, Boro have upped their offer to 6 million euros. I think a deal is more than likely.

It is a bold statement to say you think the deal is more than likely! Vickers has continuously referenced an "exciting" attacking player but with Bamford coming in and Baker a potential player to join him then I'd be surprised if we were going to spend that kind of money on a player who would have to be a starter. I'm guessing Bamford will be expecting to feature in most games so where would that leave Vossen? 4-3-3 with Kike, Vossen and Bamford?

Vickers has always said that Vossen is a secondary target should we not get who we want, but then he did also say recently that if we get Bamford it frees up additional transfer kitty to fund other players.

I guess we will see soon anyway!!

Remember the order of things is

1 Everyone wants rumours

2 rumours are spread

3 evryone gets upset that the rumours havent happened(tottally misunderstanding the meaning of the word rumours)

4 everyone complains people are spreading rumours

5 someone is signed (if its the rumoured person those speading the rumours are slagged off for being too early with the rumour ,if its not the rumoured person those spreading the rumour are slagged off for getting it wrong)

6 everyone complains there arent any more rumours

And forever it shall be the way of things

1 Everyone wants rumours

2 rumours are spread

3 evryone gets upset that the rumours havent happened(tottally misunderstanding the meaning of the word rumours)

5 someone is signed (if its the rumoured person those speading the rumours are slagged off for being too early with the rumour ,if its not the rumoured person those spreading the rumour are slagged off for getting it wrong)

+1

1 Everyone wants rumours

2 rumours are spread

Thats a proper transfer rumour thread right there.

Totally agree with you, Rich! And as rumours go, there aren't many as long-lasting and entertaining (Free Jelle Vossen) as this. And as we're dealing with rumour and speculation, might it not be that the reason why the Bamford deal has not been fully tied up as yet has nothing to do with his reluctance to come to Boro and more to do with the continued possibility of signing Vossen?

Given that Boro have been putting up more smokescreens than the Grand Fleet at the Battle of Jutland, I think anything is possible.

Oh, and by the way, I'm not bothered about people thanking me for this and that, but even a slight acknowledgement is more than welcome sometimes.

1 Everyone wants rumours

2 rumours are spread

I'd love to say that this is why I didnt give names this morning....However, that would be a lie. I was only given numbers. Saved me getting slagged off though :D:D