oneBoro Forum

Transfer Rumours, Summer 2014 "Didn't we do well!"

If Vossen and Wildschut officially sign relatively early tomorrow do you think we will have an excitement/Interest going in to the closing stages of the transfer window or once those two have signed that's it?.. I still want a dominant CM signed.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't mind if we sell Adomah. Can't see him being a regular in the starting line up any more (at home at least) and if we can offload him for around the £4m mark that's a great bit of business. It also represents a far more sensible transfer window financially.

Of course that doesn't mean that he couldn't have been an excellent player for us this season. Nor does it undermine his contribution last season. He was our top scorer, so selling him obviously requires some very serious consideration. But times have changed and it appears that our probable new system will not play to his strengths.

If we sell him for those reasons, and not just because he's had a few under par performances, then I'm completely in favour of it.

http://www.tvl.be/nl/sport/recente-afleveringen/2014-08-31/memorabele-doelpunten-van-jelle-vossen-2014-08-31/#.VANnQfldWSp Highlights of Vossen from the Belgian media haha, not like you've not seen a highlight video of him by now like...

I know its highlights and all, but I haven't been this excited about Boro signing a player for a good few years now.

Well Sam after being a member for over a year you make your first post.......you must be excited:D

Welcome though

http://www.tvl.be/nl/sport/recente-afleveringen/2014-08-31/memorabele-doelpunten-van-jelle-vossen-2014-08-31/#.VANnQfldWSp Highlights of Vossen from the Belgian media haha, not like you've not seen a highlight video of him by now like...

I know its highlights and all, but I haven't been this excited about Boro signing a player for a good few years now.

Well Sam after being a member for over a year you make your first post.......you must be excited:D

Welcome though

To me its pretty obvious that someone like AA will go. As much as we like to see Gibbo splashing the cash , the reality of FFP is that we have to balance the books somewhere along the line and to do that some sales have to be made.Not great if he goes to Forest but if they are the ones who want him then so be it.

Personally surprised at Steele's fall from grace and will be surprised if we get over £500k for him as a result, so the £3.5m or so that has been touted for AA is a no brainer.

Pardon my ignorance, but has there been anything in the media or otherwise suggesting Adomah to Forest?

Just speculation I believe. But logical when you think about it. You'd think someone would have to leave to balance the books a little, and I don't see who else on the first team fringes (potentially) we could offload for that kind of money.

Welcome though

Thanks been lurking for a fair few years now, great bunch of members on here!

Hopefully the two transfers will be completed earlyish tomorrow and not dragged out.

To clarify I have been advised by now 2 sources that Boro have received another bid from Forest for AA and are considering it.

That is all I am prepared to say and i do not mind taking the flack if this is wrong

If we do finally get Vossen and this other guy and if Karanka wants to model us on Chelski then out and out wingers won't fit in, wingers like Reach who cut inside might cut it AA wont. The Chelski model is one up front with 3 behind cutting in keeping it narrow_ supporting the forward relying on wingbacks to supply width George will be OK, Abella looks promising, 2 holding midfielder is sorted