oneBoro Forum

Transfer Rumours, Summer 2014 "Didn't we do well!"

If we do finally get Vossen and this other guy and if Karanka wants to model us on Chelski then out and out wingers won't fit in, wingers like Reach who cut inside might cut it AA wont. The Chelski model is one up front with 3 behind cutting in keeping it narrow_ supporting the forward relying on wingbacks to supply width George will be OK, Abella looks promising, 2 holding midfielder is sorted

I posted something along these lines at the beginning of the summer regarding AA and given his indifferent start to the season, I think its even more likely he'll move on.

I have to say I wouldn't be too disappointed if this happened.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How do members feel Nsue as done so far? I know he's only had little opportunities here and there, but by all accounts he was having a good game recently (vs Preston?) until he was subbed off with an injury.

I guess if the system away from home is still 4-2-3-1 with wingers once/if Adomah leaves, Nsue and Wildschut would seem to be hot favourites to occupy starts.

If we do finally get Vossen and this other guy and if Karanka wants to model us on Chelski then out and out wingers won't fit in, wingers like Reach who cut inside might cut it AA wont. The Chelski model is one up front with 3 behind cutting in keeping it narrow_ supporting the forward relying on wingbacks to supply width George will be OK, Abella looks promising, 2 holding midfielder is sorted

I posted something along these lines at the beginning of the summer regarding AA and given his indifferent start to the season, I think its even more likely he'll move on.

Agreed, didn't quite seem to take off under Karanka like he did under Mowbray which is a shame. Would wish him all the best if he did move on though, he seems a good professional, a nice chap and on his day an unbelievable footballer. Just a shame that it's been a rare occurrence that he's been on his day in the past 6-8 months.

Take your eye of the screen for a couple of hours and you lot write war and peace.

So Jelle and the Dutch lad in by 23:00 tomorrow with the possibility of AA moving on to balance the books/ surplus to requirements.

Any sign of another CM?

Aye - I'm with you both, too. Posted earlier about the potential for Vossen/Tomlin/Bamford to be the more narrow three behind Kike.

Reach can play there - did on loan at Bradford last season. Not the exact system, but was used just off the main striker. Carayol could also play on the left hand side of a narrower three, too.

How do members feel Nsue as done so far? I know he's only had little opportunities here and there, but by all accounts he was having a good game recently (vs Preston?) until he was subbed off with an injury.

If his FM stats are anything to go by, he's unbelievable :D

Not watched him play, but just got my ST for this season so will be happy to do my normal player ratings and I'm hoping he'll be a good player for us.

Just noticed by the way that with all our signings and prospective signings we are turning into a very tall team :P Our CBs and first choice LB and RB are all well over 6 foot, so too are Wildschut, Kike, Nsue and Bamford. Clayton and Leadbitter are quickly turning into the midgets on the pitch!

Any sign of another CM?

No suggestions of another yet. But Baker was a CM until recently I think. Perhaps he can fill in if 2 of Whitehead, Leadbitter and Clayton got injured. But presumably he'd be signed primarily as competition to play in a #10 type of role.

Evening everyone, loved reading the posts for the past few days and thought id throw my forst post in tonight! Excited about this season with a strike force that many in the league will struggle to match! But I am liking the looks of this wildschut I know his stats aint great but he looks suited to the championship. Big (6,1) quick as hell but the best bit is hes direct no silly step overs. Just knocks it and goes! Im a very happy fan

Well, if we have to balance the books so be it. However I would prefer us to keep AA until January and see how our promotion push is going. If we are not in with a shout then fair do's sell then.

I've said before that a Mid Prem team scouted Adomah and could likely bid approx £3.5m I have a friend who supports this side and his response was "Bargain"

I think if anyone offered us that sort of money we should seriously consider it, if not snap their hands off for it. As long as it's all in one payment of course. He hasn't exactly been the same as last season yet this season, I don't think he's found his stride.

Perhaps if Adomah is sold Ledesma could compete with Nsue for a start in away games in the right wing position, with Nsue as favourite. Both very different players it would seem, and there are good arguments to suggest that Ledesma is more suited to a number of different positions. But potentially it's ready made competition without us needing to dip deep into our pockets.

I like Ledesma, but until these Adomah rumours surfaced it did seem more likely that Manny was up for grabs in the transfer market. But with these revelations keeping him would make some sense in my opinion, even if he is largely a bench warmer. But I guess that's exactly why it's fairly logical.

Thoughts? I may be well of the mark with this one.

I think they have more similarities than not, kike is a better all rounder though and is the most suited to playing up top by himself. I wouldn't want to see both playing together in a 4-4-2 as both lack pace.

Any sign of another CM?

No suggestions of another yet. But Baker was a CM until recently I think. Perhaps he can fill in if 2 of Whitehead, Leadbitter and Clayton got injured. But presumably he'd be signed primarily as competition to play in a #10 type of role.

Cheers 2plus2

Evening everyone, loved reading the posts for the past few days and thought id throw my forst post in tonight! Excited about this season with a strike force that many in the league will struggle to match! But I am liking the looks of this wildschut I know his stats aint great but he looks suited to the championship. Big (6,1) quick as hell but the best bit is hes direct no silly step overs. Just knocks it and goes! Im a very happy fan

Would have to agree he is the sort of player who will scare defences with his pace and they will either be scared of colliding with him in the box and want to stop him outside the box. I see him being someone who will be roughed up a fair bit and earn us a lot of free kicks. Not to mention if they leave a gap between the defence and keeper he will be looking to exploit it. From what I've seen he also looks to play a simple pass instead of running into trouble which is good. Given the way we've been playing keeping possession is key for us.

Would have to agree he is the sort of player who will scare defences with his pace and they will either be scared of colliding with him in the box and want to stop him outside the box. I see him being someone who will be roughed up a fair bit and earn us a lot of free kicks. Not to mention if they leave a gap between the defence and keeper he will be looking to exploit it. From what I've seen he also looks to play a simple pass instead of running into trouble which is good. Given the way we've been playing keeping possession is key for us.

Yeah he looks suited to our style which is good to see! Hope he can hit the ground running because he will certainly offer something different to reach/muzzy down the left!