oneBoro Forum

Transfer Rumours, Summer 2014 "Didn't we do well!"

Linojo I literally dont ask for snippets anymore. If I get told them I'll share the love as usual.

I know saints scouted Adomah as did West From I believe but hey we'll see. I much prefer not knowing and enjoying the surprise these days.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

UPDATE

Boro have rejected the bid from Forest for Adomah.

Seems they wanted to pay 2.8 Million in instalments and dependant on achieving promotion.

The departure scene could be very interesting today

Laughable bid from Forest there - under value AND trying to pay on the never never, very glad we've given it short shrift.

"Falcao agents insist he's been bought €65m for 4 years. Loan deal first for FFP reasons?"

I'm thinking this is what we are really doing with Vossen

So they are openly admitting cheating the system? Seems a bit stupid.

Linojo I literally dont ask for snippets anymore. If I get told them I'll share the love as usual.

I know saints scouted Adomah as did West From I believe but hey we'll see. I much prefer not knowing and enjoying the surprise these days.

In the same vein the Kike signing was more exciting than an expected potential Vossen signing.

http://www.voetbalbelgie.be/nl/article.php?id=84683

"RACING GENK LENDS VOSSEN OUT"

"Jelle Vossen has got his way, leaving Racing Genk for a new adventure in a new competition. Middlesbrough refused to pay the asking price of 7.5 million euros and the compromise is a loan deal with an option to buy.

The English Championship team has offered 1.5 million euros for the loan. Middlesbrough can sign Jelle Vossen to a permanent deal if they are promoted to the Premier League.

However, Middlesbrough will have to start playing football because in sixteenth place they have missed the start. Jelle Vossen will have to score freely.

Financially, Vossen will be taking a step upwards. At Racing Genk his wages had already been raised to 1 million euros a year. Middlesbrough are raising this further to between 1.5 and 1.75 million euros.

Jelle Vossen completed his medical at Middlesbrough yesterday. The contract will be signed today."

In the same vein the Kike signing was more exciting than an expected potential Vossen signing.

This Vossen thing was very exciting on saturday evening

Thanks Oslo

AV

All the talk of a big book-balancing exit seems to be based on fag-pack maths and the assumption that Vossen will be expensive but the club have freed Genk’s political prisoner on a year-long loan with an option to buy.

They will pay a fee for the initial year (can’t see it being much less than £1m) but that will be discounted against the final fee.

The deal will cost Boro 6 million Euro overall (£4.75m) but has effectively been pushed into the next accountancy period for Financial Fair Play and Boro are under no pressure to sell.

AV

All the talk of a big book-balancing exit seems to be based on fag-pack maths and the assumption that Vossen will be expensive but the club have freed Genk’s political prisoner on a year-long loan with an option to buy.

They will pay a fee for the initial year (can’t see it being much less than £1m) but that will be discounted against the final fee.

The deal will cost Boro 6 million Euro overall (£4.75m) but has effectively been pushed into the next accountancy period for Financial Fair Play and Boro are under no pressure to sell.

That is awesome! MAybe we will see a few more, plus it means we dont really need to sell.

AV

Brilliant very very astute by the club.