oneBoro Forum

Transfer Rumours, Summer 2014 "Didn't we do well!"

If anyone had said a year ago we would get nothing for Steele they would have been chassed off the forum as we were talking out of our ***s back then. Can't help but think we've really overhyped an average championship player because he's one of our own.

Corrected your post : )

Happy with our business today on the outs and look forward tonseeing the new guys play utb.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just got in from work, would anyone mind giving me a quick update on today??

Saw that we have confirmed Vossen :D :D :D :D

Completed signings of wildschut and vossen

Apparently after one more mystery signing which has stalled according to Gazette. Baker loan unlikely to be completed on time but may go back for emergency 93 day loan next week

Steele strongly linked with one year loan to Blackburn and Hines close to signing for Birmingham

Cheers, wonder who the mystery signing could be

From AVs blog

Right, that’s your lot. Boro have shut up shop for the night as far as incomings go. They have signed Vossen and Wildschut and it looks likely that Hines and Steele will leave before close of play but the other intended arrivals won’t happen tonight.

I don't really want to stick Vossen out wide, surely given his quality we play him upfront with Kike. Bamford can start on the bench, we don't have to play all our strikers from the start.

Totally agree, can't believe the amount of people on here who think we can stuff the biggest names in the team playing out of position and expect it to kick championship ***. A beast of a holding midfielder in next and I will be very hopeful of a playoff place! UTB!

I don't really want to stick Vossen out wide, surely given his quality we play him upfront with Kike. Bamford can start on the bench, we don't have to play all our strikers from the start.

Totally agree, can't believe the amount of people on here who think we can stuff the biggest names in the team playing out of position and expect it to kick championship ***. A beast of a holding midfielder in next and I will be very hopeful of a playoff place! UTB!

I didn't say play them wide. And several teams play 3 up top in one form or another. But you can't stick them all on the penalty spot I'm afraid.

I didn't say play them wide. And several teams play 3 up top in one form or another. But you can't stick them all on the penalty spot I'm afraid.

Like who?

Like who?

Liverpool for one. I know that Sturridge drifts a little wider now and again, and Sterling isn't a traditional centre forward. But they all occupy those front three positions, interchanging positionally when need be.

But the point is that all try and get in the box as often as possible and get on the end of chances. They're not all there to just be creative.

Liverpool for one. I know that Sturridge drifts a little wider now and again, and Sterling isn't a traditional centre forward. But they all occupy those front three positions, interchanging positionally when need be.

But the point is that all try and get in the box as often as possible and get on the end of chances. They're not all there to just be creative.

Sorry but that's nonsense. Sterling plays all over the place but he doesn't play up front. Yesterday he was the front of a diamond, sometimes he plays out wide. He also isn't any kind of centre forward, traditional or otherwise. Which teams play with 3 strikers up front because I can't think of a single one?