oneBoro Forum
Armster

Transfer Rumours, Summer 2014 "Didn't we do well!"

Don't know why but letting Steele go and effectively replacing him with yet another young chelsea loanee who will probably have no future with the club really annoys me

Yes but we can't have it all ways - We can't say well done on all the incomings and then complain that we are letting someone go who AK clearly doesn't want.

I am a fan of Steele's but can't see the point of keeping him (and his wages) if he isn't going to play. Once he goes then you aint going to get a top flight keeper in as a new number 3 - So a promising lad from Chelsea (maybe even as a favour to them) them makes sense

Maybe having Blackman is a favour to Chelsea? Get him involved in the competitive set up, even if he probably won't start. Sort of pay back for all the beautiful deals they've offered in our favour.

Probably complete nonsense. In fact, almost certainly a rubbish theory. But I'll throw it out there, as it does seem like an odd deal from our point of view.

It does sound logical but like u say, Probably complete nonsense. :P

:D

I find it very strange that we would bring in this kid unless we plan to involve him. Now, maybe I am reading too much into it, but does this hint at Karanka not being entirely convinced by Mejias and he's bringing in someone else in just in case?

@PhilHayYEP: Er, apparently Rotherham have signed Becchio on loan... WOW

AV says they were told by Gibbo to keep quiet on Blackman . Probably just to try to not and fuel the Steele speculation. Which did turn out to be true .

Guest scarborosmoggy

Becchio joined Rotherham

Can someone summarise whats happened after we got V*****

Steele to Blackburn

Keeper in from Chelsea

Hines rejected move to Brum

I would have liked another CM, but Baker will be coming later in the month to solve that. Hines leaving would have given us the option of bringing in a new CB but Hines is a good player and improves everytime he gets a run of games.

UTB!!

Yeh but then he will get injured, his bones are made of glass, steele going on loan and this kid coming in seems waste of time, anyone know what's happened with ake?

FL72 Transfers ‏@FL72Transfers · 4m

Reports that Leeds only sold Matt Smith to Fulham after they agreed to sign Luciano Becchio who snubs them last min to join Rotherham. Wow.

I would have liked another CM, but Baker will be coming later in the month to solve that. Hines leaving would have given us the option of bringing in a new CB but Hines is a good player and improves everytime he gets a run of games.

UTB!!

Yeh but then he will get injured, his bones are made of glass, steele going on loan and this kid coming in seems waste of time, anyone know what's happened with ake?

you never know maybe he will turn into the central defender version of Bale? he was permanently injured and then became a world beater :D

loan kid saves big wages for a 3rd choice keeper compared Steele

FL72 Transfers ‏@FL72Transfers · 4m

Reports that Leeds only sold Matt Smith to Fulham after they agreed to sign Luciano Becchio who snubs them last min to join Rotherham. Wow.

If that's true......Hahahahahahahaha.