oneBoro Forum
Armster

Transfer Rumours, Summer 2014 "Didn't we do well!"

never too confident on young goalkeepers, need alot of experience to play in goal in this league well

That's Leeds and Newcastle both screwed over! Oh, isn't it a lovely day to be a Boro fan!

United had all Summer to get that deal done, why have a deadline if clubs can still sign players after it?

United had all Summer to get that deal done, why have a deadline if clubs can still sign players after it?

Wonder if we would have been granted a time extension if we needed it for vossen. No chance

I suppose it's like a shop closing, but letting the customers already in there go to the tills...

I'm thinking the 'under the radar' signing must have been defensive minded.

After all, the shopping list at the start of the day seems to have been:

Vossen

Wildschut

Baker

Mr. X

A keeper (if Steele left)

We were still looking to get 'Mr. X' done at around 4pm yesterday, and hadn't sold any attacking players. I don't need to post how many attackers we'd have had on the books if Baker had have come, but it's enough to have not needed another. My money would be on a deep lying midfielder/centre back cover - as I said earlier, a similar style to Chalobah.

One thing for sure - Gibson certainly has played his part with the transfer activities. Over to you, Karanka!

Apparently falcao been trying to sign for Real Madrid all summer and only decided on United on deadline day

It would have been nice to identify the under the radar player so hopefully names will come to light (with a view of the January window)

It would have been nice to identify the under the radar player so hopefully names will come to light (with a view of the January window)

The idea is that we don't identify this player so that we can continue to chase him under the radar. If the name gets out then it alerts other clubs to his availability.

I suspect we may well be going back in for him as soon as the loan window re-opens. Kind of makes the transfer windows a bit of a joke though when you can use the "emergency" loan system to all but sign a player and make it official in January though! :D

AV mentioned depending on squad performance we might pursue the under the radar player as soon as the emergency window opens. "@andyrubble666 may be revived but if do next week can only be 93 days. If left to Jan can get rest of season. Suppose it depends on results"

Separately, in his blog he said "But right-back is now covered with Fredericks in to compete with Abella for that slot – but Boro suddenly seem thin in central defence. With Gibson out and Woodgate making only a brief cameo so far (an having what is most generously described as patchy fitness) there was only Omeruo and Ayala with Hines as cover. And after a poor start to the season at the back (and with Ayala dropping a clanger or two) what had seemed a strong department now looks less than convincing. So that area may need beefing up if Hines leaves."

I am not sure if he was told or he is just guessing on this one, but he seems to believe an additional player is required for central defence, putting 2 and 2 together, I would say the mystery player is a central defender but will only be signed possibly depending on injuries and defensive performance.