oneBoro Forum

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

We deserve to drop, so far. Had ample opportunities of late to get ourselves out of trouble but after good wins at Reading, Yeovil and Charlton we've let ourselves down at home, especially against Leeds last weekend.

Just hope AK continues to ignore the fact that Butterfield is your best midfielder, can really do without the lad scoring the goal that condemns us to the pub league.

On the 26th April as well. The same day (17 years ago) that the same manager took us to the Premier League...

:s

In fairness, Butterfield has been playing a lot more regularly recently.

Aye and he's been playing well recently. Scored back to back goals against Birmingham and burnley (2 nice goals too!).

He's had a nice run of games and looks infinitely more confident in that attacking midfield role than he did earlier this season. Definitely isn't our best midfielder though!

We deserve to drop, so far. Had ample opportunities of late to get ourselves out of trouble but after good wins at Reading, Yeovil and Charlton we've let ourselves down at home, especially against Leeds last weekend.

Just hope AK continues to ignore the fact that Butterfield is your best midfielder, can really do without the lad scoring the goal that condemns us to the pub league.

On the 26th April as well. The same day (17 years ago) that the same manager took us to the Premier League...

Aye and he's been playing well recently. Scored back to back goals against Birmingham and burnley (2 nice goals too!).

He's had a nice run of games and looks infinitely more confident in that attacking midfield role than he did earlier this season. Definitely isn't our best midfielder though!

He's up there on his day though

Exactly.

That and I cancelled by Boro + subscription. Didn't seem worth it for 2 games. :-/

Was it worth it for most of the rest? :s

Boro + is only worth it if you don't live locally but are desperate to follow the game. It's buggy, poorly implemented and not good value for money.

Everyone seems to get access to interviews on the main site so literally the only thing you receive is match highlights (which are normally cut down to under 2 or 3 mins) and live commentary (which doesn't work more often than it does).

I'd say an on form Butterfield IS easily our best midfielder. His range of passing, vision and willingness to run to be involved in the play (see his goal against Burnley) is excellent. His issue is (as it seems to be with a lot of our players), consistency.

Leadbitter has been pretty good this year but I'd take an in form Butterfield over an in form Leadbitter every day of the week.

And if you weren't thinking of Leadbitter when you said Jacob isn't our best midfielder then I have no clue who you're talking about because the rest of our CMs are average to poor (bar Chalobah who's average to good)

EDIT: Oh and on top of this, Tomlin will be our AMC next year and Butterfield seems to have the foundations of excellent chemistry with Lee, which is even better for both players.

No probs. If we all had the same opinion it'd be dull.

Selfishly, I hope he's not involved again. Our central midfield is terrible, and if JB, Tomlin and Leadbitter start I think we're down.

The only time JB Tomlin and Grant have all started is during our two game 3-5-2 spell.

It won't happen. It'll be grant and either JB OR Tomlin unfortunately.

Dimi; Omereu, Woodgate, Gibson, Friend; Chalobah, Leadbitter; Adomah, Butterfield, Tomlin; Graham.

They're the best XI I've seen for Boro this season, who are still here/available, in AK's favoured formation.

Find a younger, more mobile target man next season and put him in instead of Graham and that side ought to be top six. With Carayol, Ledesma, Ayala etc in reserve, a few additions, I think you have reason to be optimistic.

But for Saturday, I hope he sticks with the likes of Whitehead, Varga and Williams. Especially the latter.

Please feel free to bump this thread/post on Saturday night when Luke scores the winner. ;)

Exactly.

That and I cancelled by Boro + subscription. Didn't seem worth it for 2 games. :-/

Was it worth it for most of the rest? :s

Was purely for commentary but I cannot be ***d listening to Ally and Maddo moaning about what could have been for the final 2 games whilst we just go through the motions.

Plus, that fiver will buy me 8 cans from Aldi this weekend :D