oneBoro Forum

Exactly.

That and I cancelled by Boro + subscription. Didn't seem worth it for 2 games. :-/

Was it worth it for most of the rest? :s

Was purely for commentary but I cannot be ***d listening to Ally and Maddo moaning about what could have been for the final 2 games whilst we just go through the motions.

Plus, that fiver will buy me 8 cans from Aldi this weekend :D

Yeah sounds a much better use of your money :) I have to admit I couldn't be bothered to listen the other night against Reading and I don't know if I'm going to bother going on Saturday now. I just can't be bothered when I can see that they can't either. Although having said that some of the best Boro wins I've seen have come in the meaningless end of season games - Spurs 5-1 and Man City 8-1 spring to mind.

Sorry, can you guys out of the area not get commentary via the radio/internet then? As daft as it sounds I just assumed you could?

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

:(

You'd think there would be some mechanism for being able to pick up any regional radio, especially BBC, wherever you are in the country. As a license payer you're paying for it after all.

We deserve to drop, so far. Had ample opportunities of late to get ourselves out of trouble but after good wins at Reading, Yeovil and Charlton we've let ourselves down at home, especially against Leeds last weekend.

Just hope AK continues to ignore the fact that Butterfield is your best midfielder, can really do without the lad scoring the goal that condemns us to the pub league.

On the 26th April as well. The same day (17 years ago) that the same manager took us to the Premier League...

:s

In fairness, Butterfield has been playing a lot more regularly recently.

Aye and he's been playing well recently. Scored back to back goals against Birmingham and burnley (2 nice goals too!).

He's had a nice run of games and looks infinitely more confident in that attacking midfield role than he did earlier this season. Definitely isn't our best midfielder though!

No probs. If we all had the same opinion it'd be dull.

Selfishly, I hope he's not involved again. Our central midfield is terrible, and if JB, Tomlin and Leadbitter start I think we're down.

For me the best midfield trio would be chalobah Butterfield and leadbitter with Tomlin on the left and then Adomah on the right. If your central midfield isn't brilliant then those 3 should ensure you have an absolutely torrid time!

Hopefully you'll see how much our defence has improved from the last time we played you. I seem to recall paddy McCourt (is that the right name) dribbling past 7 or 8 static players unwilling to put a challenge in before tucking it under steele. That epitomised us under mowbray.

Not too fussed about the outcome of this game. I'd rather us have beaten millwall and lost this one as I ***ing hate millwall!

The best (free) way that ive found to listen to the match whilst I'm away at uni is for someone back home to skype me and just put the radio on next to the laptop so that it plays through. Works quite well and doesn't cost a penny, but it does require you knowing someone in the area who is willing to do it.

The best (free) way that ive found to listen to the match whilst I'm away at uni is for someone back home to skype me and just put the radio on next to the laptop so that it plays through. Works quite well and doesn't cost a penny, but it does require you knowing someone in the area who is willing to do it.

Or... Even better, if you know someone who's going to the match, get them to Skype you, and film it on their phone

__________Dimi

Varga - Ayala - Gibson - Friend

___Butterfield - Leadbitter

Adomah - Tomlin - Williams

________Graham

3-1 boro win

I would be surprised to see Butterfield and Leadbitter start together, unless they wanted Grant to play the more holding role and play a simpler game than he has this year.

just gotta feeling Butterfield wont play ....two reasons ....one, he wouldnt dare ,would he. score and relegate his old club ...two, he was pretty poor in the match at barnsly .probably his worst performance .

personally im a bit intrigued how good or not so good . the two youngters that have regulatly beem on the bench are , id like to see them given a run out in these last two games .

After karanka saying we lacked motivation against Reading surely he has to drop the main culprits and give some highly motivated youngsters a good amount of game time to show him and the fans what they're capable of.

Obviously I want us to win but I'm not looking forward to Barnsley potentially being relegated.

After karanka saying we lacked motivation against Reading surely he has to drop the main culprits and give some highly motivated youngsters a good amount of game time to show him and the fans what they're capable of.

Obviously I want us to win but I'm not looking forward to Barnsley potentially being relegated.

I meant to ask this question earlier but forgot. After the Reading game did Karanka say that he didn't know how to motivate the players? I was told that but wasn't sure if it was something different but on a similar theme about the players not being motivated?

I think it was done as a Cloughyesque reverse psychology. When Forest were losing at half time they were expecting a rollicking but he didnt turn up until the very last moment when he popped in and said "sorry lads my fault I picked a rubbish team" they went out and won the game. Im hoping Karanka was hoping for this sort of result this weekend.

Predicted teams from the Echo

2993689.jpg

Boro subs: J Steele (gk), Gibson, Chalobah, Ledesma, Atkinson, Main, L Williams.

Barnsley subs: Turner (gk), Hassell, Woods, Frimpong, Noble-Lazarus, Proschwitz, McCourt.

Barnsley must win to stand any chance of staying up

Prediction: 3-1 home win

I'm kinda hoping Steele will be given a shot tomorrow, after years of him as our first choice keeper doesn't he at least now deserve a chance to impress in a match environment? If he isn't given an opportunity like pretty much everyone else has then i hope he leaves in the summer and recovers his career before its too late.