• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought our midfield was too static with him and Whitehead holding in midfield. When Chalobah came one we had a far better balance with his energy.

I thought he looked good in the first half, would like to see him partnered with either leadbitter or chalobah going forward as whitehead is about as dynamic as a wheelybin.

A wheelybin that's full of gravel

My take on today

Dimi 7 didn't have a lot to do but handling was solid

Varga 7 a few bad passes but can't fault his effort

Woodgate 6 assured as always didn't looked troubled

Gibson 7.5 didn't look out of place as solid as ever

Omerue 7 class though still a little raw hope we get him again next season

Whitehead 5 thought his passing was pedestrian and sideways too much

Reach 7.5 solid, nice touches but didn't want to take the the LB on for some reason

Adomah 6 struggled to get into the gsme, didn't look fit or uninterested

Butterfield 6 was involved a lot but gave the ball away too much, thought he was having a shocker but after he went off we didn't look anywhere as cohesive

Tomlin 8 MOM for a guy who seems to carry a bit of weight is deceptavely quick and never stops running defo one to watch next season

Graham 7 tireless as ever chases lost causes and knows where the goal is, needs better service

Ayala 7 a tower in the air and took over organisation of the defence when Woody went off

Chalobah 5 don't think he's as good as he thinks he is, though he is still young

Hines 6 wasnt match sharp but is expected

A game last season we would have lost, they weren't as good as us but obviously wanted it more, I felt sorry for their keeper who played a blinder, a few good signings/loans and hopefully we should be there or there about next season UTB

If Chalobah had came on for Whitehead instead of Butterfield he would have probably done better. It's just the combination of Whtiehead and Butterfield brought each others effect on the game down as we lacked energy to close players down and someone to drive forward.

Reach looked like he has improved since he last played for us. Off the ball he looked much more solid, there was one occasion in the first half our two holding midfielders were caught out of position and Reach was aware enough to tuck in and cover the central areas in order to deal with the immediate danger from the edge of the area which gave us time to get players back into position. His touch and link up play too looked better which was good to see.

Karanka said about him "I like Adam Reach, he's young and powerful. In the future he can play with us but he needs to train and continue to get better"

I thought Whitehead had a decent game and did pretty much what was expected of him in Leadbitter's absence. I agree that Butterfield's passing was really poor at times, but strangely our performance as a team dropped after he was replaced by Challobah. Gibson wasn't as impressive at left back as he is at centre back. Started well enough, but he ain't no George, and finished by getting into trouble several times whilst in possession. Adam Reach was a disappointment, insamuch that I don't think he took the ball past the full back more than once. So, relatively ineffective down the left flank today. Tomlin's best game in a Boro shirt to date.

I've decided I hate the Football League Show. Steve Claridge is an utter *** who I can't bare to listen to one more time, and it takes nearly 40 minutes to get about a minute of highlights from our game, pathetic

What did the little *** say this time?

Nothing particularly insulting, that I recall. Matter of fact, they were done and dusted with our game without saying much at all.

Saying that, it might be my imagination, but our highlights always seem to be shorter than anyone else's...showed the goals and that was it.

Don't actually mind Claridge as a pundit, though I'd say Rosenior is marginally better.

The FLS is poor, but blame the BBC for that for trying to cram 3 league's worth of action into 2 hours, or whatever it is. Its not like MOTD and MOTD2 where they usually only have 5 or 6 matches to cover per show, so can dedicate far more time to each game.

What the BBC needs is a dedicated sports channel and separate programmes for each league...but then the Beeb has drastically cut its sports budget, so I don't see that happening.