• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of an English Boro side; did anyone see this tweet the other day?

"Middlesbrough are the only team in the #U18PL to have 100% of their goals scored this season by English players."

Also, what happens if we win this? Do I get first match next season or do we reset?

Men, can we please take this to the chatty box. (I'm old now so not allowed to festivals it's making me jealous)

Hey, the mighty Quo are at Download this year, so unless you're too old for them, you're okay.

Saw the even mightier AC/DC a few years back. There is usually a decent "grey-hair" contingent at most of the ones I've been too, particularly on Sundays, when the classic bands are on.

You're NEVER too old to rock out! ;) :cool:

Anyhow, back on topic, if Karanka DOES decide to go with an experimental line-up, I really can't see us putting in a particularly strong performance. I suppsoe it'll be nice for the fringe / youth players to get a run-out, but we're not really going to learn much from one game that has nothing riding on it.

Sorry if I'm sounding grumpy here - its not intentional. Just trying to look at it realistically.

Men, can we please take this to the chatty box. (I'm old now so not allowed to festivals it's making me jealous)

Hey, the mighty Quo are at Download this year, so unless you're too old for them, you're okay.

Saw the even mightier AC/DC a few years back. There is usually a decent "grey-hair" contingent at most of the ones I've been too, particularly on Sundays, when the classic bands are on.

You're NEVER too old to rock out! ;) :cool:

Anyhow, back on topic, if Karanka DOES decide to go with an experimental line-up, I really can't see us putting in a particularly strong performance. I suppsoe it'll be nice for the fringe / youth players to get a run-out, but we're not really going to learn much from one game that has nothing riding on it.

Sorry if I'm sounding grumpy here - its not intentional. Just trying to look at it realistically.

And Soni has Iron Maiden, Metallica, Alice in Chains.

Plus a ton of other bands that have been around for years.

Gary Numan for one (who I am very excited for, he was excellent in 2010)

Pfft Download.

SONISPHERE 4 LYF

I think Soni does have the edge over Download in that they stagger the start times on the 1st and 2nd stages, so you don't have to miss one band, in order to watch another. Only a little thing, but such a good idea.

Saw AIC there a couple of years ago - brilliant. Think it might've been the same year Metallica were there and James got custard / foam pied at the end of the gig, as it was his birthday.

Ahh, but it does invariably mean less bands, and if you don't like whoever is on then you're screwed

I remember House of Pain were on in 2011 and the majority of people sat through it all waiting for Jump Around because, well what else we're they going to do

Ahh, but it does invariably mean less bands, and if you don't like whoever is on then you're screwed

I remember House of Pain were on in 2011 and the majority of people sat through it all waiting for Jump Around because, well what else we're they going to do

Not necessarily. They have marquee stages where you can check out the smaller acts, or failing that, you can go to the fairground, browse the stalls, get someting to eat, or just take a break / sit down and have a natter.

You don't want to be standing / jumping around all day (well, I know I don't...don't have the stamina any more ;) )

Loads of people seem to forget that Soni has 3 smaller tents/stages as well as the two main ones, with acts on them ALL the time.

EDIT:

If any of you happen to end up at Soni this year, we should have a little OneBoro meet up, let me know!

All this talk is seriously making me consider leaving Thailand for another 6 months/ a year and getting festival tickets.

Even Leeds lineup looks good this year! If it wasn't the fact 90% of the crowd are tools.

If any of you happen to end up at Soni this year, we should have a little OneBoro meet up, let me know!

Same goes for Download. Be nice to sink a couple and winge about the season :P

Not on Thursday though, I am busy that day. Playing in the footy tournament and then going to a forum BBQ :D

I'd never do Leeds again, a good experience, but last year it should have simply been called KetFest. Everyone everywhere was on something and acting like a tool which spoiled it a bit. The line-up this year is very nice, but last year was as good as it was bad.