oneBoro Forum

World Cup Predicitions League

Evening all,

Hope I'm not stepping on any toes (abuse me at will if I am) but I would like to host a World Cup predictions league if enough people are interested?

Would just be for fun/bragging rights and would be simple enough, no fixtures but rather a straight up table system.

Points would be scored for

Correct Prediction (H/A/D)

Correct score

Anytime goalscorer

On a basis of

1 point per correct prediction in group stage

2 in the Round of 16 and QFs

3 in the Semis and Final

A nice easy way to keep yourself honed for next season!

Okay, provisional schedule is:

Group Stages predictions thread goes up on May 19th, to give everyone three weeks to get their predictions in

Second round thread will go up as soon as the final group stage match is over (11pm, June 26) and will close 36 hours later

QF thread will go up on July second and provide everyone with 48 hours to get them in

SF thread opens on July sixth and again everyone has 48 hours to get them in

Final and 3/4 playoff thread will be opened July 10th and again gives 48 hours to get them in

Hope that enables everyone to see whether they will be able to participate

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Love it. I'm in :)

Oh and I absolutely love the format! Keeps everyone involved right to the end with no eliminations, nice and simple and makes a late comeback for slow starters much more achievable.

Think you've absolutely nailed it.

Count me in, gonna be an anti climax this weekend with no Boro match and even worse soon when the Prem finishes, we need something to keep us going until next season and this will help

id like to have a dabble but im also away on hols from 2nd june till 14th , dunno how or if this will count me in or out depending on the format for time predictions have to be in .

Okay, provisional schedule is:

Group Stages predictions thread goes up on May 19th, to give everyone three weeks to get their predictions in

Second round thread will go up as soon as the final group stage match is over (11pm, June 26) and will close 36 hours later

QF thread will go up on July second and provide everyone with 48 hours to get them in

SF thread opens on July sixth and again everyone has 48 hours to get them in

Final and 3/4 playoff thread will be opened July 10th and again gives 48 hours to get them in

Hope that enables everyone to see whether they will be able to participate

Count me in, then maybe this will get e excited fo the world cup, I cant seem to get excited about it!