oneBoro Forum

"I'll never forget when....."

Thought it might be something a bit different to have a thread for the forgotten or more leftfield Boro memories - besides Cardiff or UEFA Cup semi's.

I'll get the ball rolling - I'll never forget when Boateng scored against Spurs to put us on course for Europe - that game was crazy and even better was to take Europe from spuds who at the time were doing some serious sniffing around our Stewie...

I'll never forget when.....Robbie Mustoe scored the winner against a Derby that secured our top flight status. I was at that game and it was so nervy throughout, you could feel the elation when the goal went in and at full time.

I remember Uwe Fuchs debut it was one of the first games I went to by myself and he was warming up in front of the Holgate. Someone shouted "who the Fuchs he?" (Hence the username) I thought it was comedy gold at the time. Sure we beat Reading 4-1 that day too but may have made that up

Good idea . I always still look back and enjoy the 2-0 win over Sunderland when boksic scored and quedrue on his home debut. I think it was 2-0 within 11minutes or something . Just one of those random games that sticks out.

The big one for me is in 1992 when we beat Leeds 4-1 at Ayresome Park in the inaugural Premier League season.

We were newly promoted and Leeds were champions with players like Cantona and Chapman....as each goal went in the place went more and more ballistic....didn't even matter when Cantona grabbed the consolation.

As a 7 year old I nearly never made it as I broke my arm in 2 places on the monkey bars at a nearby park about an hour before kickoff....I was in agony but my mam said that if I stopped crying she'd promise to take me to Middlesbrough general straight after the game...best call ever mam!!

I was 8 or 9 and went to my 2nd ever boro game with my dad v sheff wed at the riverside. We were cruising 3-0 and my dad commits that cardinal sin of deciding to leave early. Despite my protestations we exit the ground. As we are walking on the bridge outside we hear an almighty roar from the ground. We missed a free kick from gazza to make it 4-0 :(. To this day I never leave early no matter what. Ive also never let my dad forget it :D

Ive just found the highlights from that game. Mikkel Beck attacking masterclass :D

I was 8 or 9 and went to my 2nd ever boro game with my dad v sheff wed at the riverside. We were cruising 3-0 and my dad commits that cardinal sin of deciding to leave early. Despite my protestations we exit the ground. As we are walking on the bridge outside we hear an almighty roar from the ground. We missed a free kick from gazza to make it 4-0 :(. To this day I never leave early no matter what. Ive also never let my dad forget it :D

Ive just found the highlights from that game. Mikkel Beck attacking masterclass :D

Im going to make you feel worse...I was a similar age and I cannot remember much of the game apart from that we were cruising until that Gazza freekick, I remember so clearly from my then seat in the East stand.

I nearly posted that instead of my Mustoe one!

sorry Smogzilla!

Well at least somebody witnessed it :D

Big Hamilton Ricard scoring there aswell. I had that top from that season signed by him.

I've still got that top - might be a bit tight now though!

That was the year after Merson wasn't it?

Well at least somebody witnessed it :D

Big Hamilton Ricard scoring there aswell. I had that top from that season signed by him.

I've still got that top - might be a bit tight now though!

That was the year after Merson wasn't it?

I think you're right. Pretty sure merse left around that time.