Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Happy New Year guys.🥳🥳🥳

Well...it finally happened... I guess it was only ever a matter of time. Enough forumites have liked him that he has finally taken on his true form...the demon known to religious scholars a

Have a great Christmas fellas. Hope Santa makes all of your dreams come true, (apart from beating us again) 🤣 Us, you, and the Barcodes next season eh?👍👍👍

Posted Images

can try keep this page away from being a hello page, comments are starting to get lost already.

:D :cool:

i'd like to see more independants getting elected, its a more direct form of democracy where you elect a person rather than a party who call the shots generally, MP's nowadays rarely fight for their constituency and go along party lines, having independents obviously means they are more likely to vote/ bring up PMB's that will benefit their constituency.

Not quite sure about the North these days but after living in the SE London "Southwark" for over 30 odd years I find the MP's live miles from the area and the only time you see them is when they come a rattatting on yer bloody door.Afew years back we were asked to vote in a plonker from Merton.I often ask myself "why oh why did we ever get rid of pi55 pots they had their uses especially when you didnot like the fella knocking on yer front door".

Plus those days have gone when you vote in a party and a Prime Minster that will look after the UK.

Its now all about stealing from the pockets of your own to fund the rest of the world,and allowing the French and the Germans to tell us what to do.

Has for the Lib Dem/Con damaging their names forever I don't think so.

Was'nt that said about Blair/Brown and Labour.

We Brits are a forgiving nation.. :D

I love em all..... :@:@ NOT.

I think that we are going to see a lot more independents getting into office because, let's face it, all 3 major parties are rubbish.

I kind of agree, do you think the Galloway election was the start of things to come

Definitely, and it's going to have the 3 running scared

Bull*** is a card game where the players aim to get rid of all of their cards. Normally played with 3 or more players it is often classed as a party game. It is a game of deception and lying. A challenge is made by players calling-out (normally the name of the game) but whoever is wrong has to pick up all the cards in the middle.

that sounds like a different game i used to play, think we just called it cheat

Same game :P

i never said they had damaged their reputations forever, i think the tories eill come out better off out of this coaltion and the lib dems will be set back just when they were gaining popularity, the rule of living in the constituency still applies. its a fact that independant MP's are more representative of the electorate they hold their mandate to.

there are two types of models when it comes to representation independamts tend to go down the Burkean model of governing which is acting in the interests of the constituency. the second model type is the bi-partisan model. this is where the representative (MP in this case) tends to prefer to follow party lines.

i'm sure any other politics students on here will back me up on this.

i never said they had damaged their reputations forever, i think the tories eill come out better off out of this coaltion and the lib dems will be set back just when they were gaining popularity, the rule of living in the constituency still applies. its a fact that independant MP's are more representative of the electorate they hold their mandate to.

so why do we have political parties then? what's the point? why not just have a government full of independents who want whats best for their area?

(i'm not a politics student though unfortunately - can you tell? :p)

that is my question too unger, i'm very skeptical of the current sytem, especially under FPTP, i beleive its the worst system possible and is hugely undemocratic. i'd prefer AV or even better AMS but thats a whole different kettle of fish, could be something to do with the reputation each party gets, we've seen many people `walk the floor` in the past to be in the most popular party to boost their chances of re-election examples include churchill (several times) and neville chamberlain.

Anyone got any decent recommendations for TV series's to watch? Preferably would like something with an arc across a season or seasons rather than episodic? Running low on Veronica Mars (Yes, I know a little girly, but feck it, Kristen Bell is amazing!)

Anyone got any decent recommendations for TV series's to watch? Preferably would like something with an arc across a season or seasons rather than episodic? Running low on Veronica Mars (Yes, I know a little girly, but feck it, Kristen Bell is amazing!)

The West Wing, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad. All of those are amazing :D

The West Wing, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad. All of those are amazing :D

Breaking Bad is incredible. Game of Thrones doesn't really appeal to me, I'm not really into fantasy. Plus I know how the first season ends, so I dont feel the need to watch! West Wing I watched on and off when it was on tv, it was ok but never totally got into it!

Mentalist, House, Breaking Bad, NCIS, Game of Thrones, Supernatural, Fringe, Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, Community, Rules of Engagement, Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe.

There's a few :P

Ah now Fringe is an idea.. I watched the pilot of it, it was ok, nothing really grabbing to be honest. And I felt the acting was a bit below par too.. Does it get better?

Community, HIMYM, Supernatural are all great.