oneBoro Forum

The Chattybox.

Touch is also amazing, but only a few episodes currently. :( On that note, 24 and Dexter too.

24 and Dexter all watched! Great shows. Same as Buffy, Angel and Firefly!

Touch is a show I've been keeping an eye on, will be watching when its a full season old! One show thats started recently I am watching is Awake. Now thats an incredible piece of television, really really recommend it!

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Happy New Year guys.🥳🥳🥳

Well...it finally happened... I guess it was only ever a matter of time. Enough forumites have liked him that he has finally taken on his true form...the demon known to religious scholars a

Have a great Christmas fellas. Hope Santa makes all of your dreams come true, (apart from beating us again) 🤣 Us, you, and the Barcodes next season eh?👍👍👍

Posted Images

Ah now Fringe is an idea.. I watched the pilot of it, it was ok, nothing really grabbing to be honest. And I felt the acting was a bit below par too.. Does it get better?

Community, HIMYM, Supernatural are all great.

Gets a lot better, when John Noble gets more into it becomes hilariously good. Has recently dipped a bit but it's picking up.

I also second Welshy and his Buffy and Angel recommendations, I would also suggest Farscape.

Also can't believe I left out Dexter :(

Anyone got any decent recommendations for TV series's to watch? Preferably would like something with an arc across a season or seasons rather than episodic? Running low on Veronica Mars (Yes, I know a little girly, but feck it, Kristen Bell is amazing!)

24, Fringe, Lie to Me, Lost,

If you prefer British teachers is pretty good on 4OD at the mo. Or get yourself a box set of Waking the Dead - brilliant TV!

Maybe the last season had something to do with that! The incesty storyline at the end made me blank it from my memory..... We dont want incest in our tv programmes!! unless its Arrested Development :D

Maybe the last season had something to do with that! The incesty storyline at the end made me blank it from my memory..... We dont want incest in our tv programmes!! unless its Arrested Development :D

Or Game of Thrones, that has a fair bit of incest :p

Strangely find myself addicted to Pawn Stars on History and Bio channels!!!

Also think the following are great.

Touch, Fringe, All CSI's, Hawaii 5-0, Criminal minds, Alcatraz, Grimm, Once upon a time, Mentalist, Chase, Unforgetable plus old school Buffy, Angel and all TREK to name but a few!!!!

Well, it's technically not incest but yeah, was a cringeworthy storyline.

NB4 you should give Ringer a look its getting pretty good.

If you want a mixture of bad acting and good looking women try Lost Girl.

Alcatraz is also pretty decent.

Grimm is ok.

Blue Bloods is excellent.

Gonna watch episodes 1/2 now of Game of Thrones if its anything like the first series I will be happy.

A few movies to download and watch.

Immortals.

One Day.

The Awakening.

Lady In Black

In Time

Real Steel.

Warrior.

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.

Dream House.

That should keep you busy. :D

For some classy TV comedy, try the beeb's "Him and Her" and "Outnumbered" and the American series, "The Big C". They've all shown at least two series, with more in the making.

I came to "The West Wing" very late in the day, got hooked and watched the whole marathon in a few weeks last year.

"Mad Men" is worth a look-in as well. Watch out for January Jones (Don's wife) doing her acting bit. She's genuinely hilarious without meaning to be.

"The Wire" might suit you but I gave up on it because I couldn't keep up with the plot(s) - far too much "gangsta rap".

NB4 you should give Ringer a look its getting pretty good.

If you want a mixture of bad acting and good looking women try Lost Girl.

Alcatraz is also pretty decent.

Grimm is ok.

Blue Bloods is excellent.

Gonna watch episodes 1/2 now of Game of Thrones if its anything like the first series I will be happy.

A few movies to download and watch.

Immortals.

One Day.

The Awakening.

Lady In Black

In Time

Real Steel.

Warrior.

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.

Dream House.

That should keep you busy. :D

Ringer I'm still undecided on. have been watching since the start cause of two reasons (sarah michelle gellar and sarah michelle gellar. Twins. Dont need to say any more!). I like it in parts, but its a bit too... Soapy at times. But over all its been an intriguing first season if nothing else.

I didnt like in time, I thought they wasted a great concept with terrible casting and a brainless good guy vs bad guys plot, with a bitta robin hood thrown in for good measure.

Warrior was fantastic. I loved every minute, and particularly liked Kurt Angle as the non speaking Russian killing machine! Epic!

For some classy TV comedy, try the beeb's "Him and Her" and "Outnumbered" and the American series, "The Big C". They've all shown at least two series, with more in the making.

I came to "The West Wing" very late in the day, got hooked and watched the whole marathon in a few weeks last year.

"Mad Men" is worth a look-in as well. Watch out for January Jones (Don's wife) doing her acting bit. She's genuinely hilarious without meaning to be.

"The Wire" might suit you but I gave up on it because I couldn't keep up with the plot(s) - far too much "gangsta rap".

I tried the wire, watched the first episode twice, but each time I had zero desire to watch the next episode. I just dont think it appeals to me. Mad Men I may try at some point, but I'm not a massive fan of periody things (jokes witheld please!).

What styles are the two british shows you mentioned? I tend to find modern british humor very unfunny, and although they are responsible for the best (only fools, porridge etc etc), I havent enjoyed a british comedy since Black Books (save for the Gervais shows).