oneBoro Forum

The Chattybox.

So, as we've had TV, what music is everyone into? I know we have a thread kicking around somewhere but it's rather old.

My last.fm is mickyscanlon

Pretty much a rocker/metalhead but I do listen to other things if they sound decent.

Iron Maiden, The Wildhearts, Offspring, Dio/Dio Sabbath, R.E.M., Judas Priest, Kansas, Scorpions, Motorhead, Guns N' Roses, Amon Amarth, Strapping Young Lad/Devin Townsend, Immortal, Foo Fighters, CCR, KISS, Fleetwood Mac

Are just a few, far too many to name, but that kind of gives a general outlook. :D

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Happy New Year guys.🥳🥳🥳

Well...it finally happened... I guess it was only ever a matter of time. Enough forumites have liked him that he has finally taken on his true form...the demon known to religious scholars a

Have a great Christmas fellas. Hope Santa makes all of your dreams come true, (apart from beating us again) 🤣 Us, you, and the Barcodes next season eh?👍👍👍

Posted Images

Yep, I started a thread a long time ago on the everything else forum (no idea what it was called back then!) about music, and it got gradually added to by random people as they joined and stumbled upon it!

Very similar tastes to you Prowler, favourite bands would be:

Deep Purple, Rainbow, Whitesnake, Led Zep, Dio, Maiden, Rush, Tom Petty, Judas Priest, UFO, Extreme, Guns N Roses, Metallica, Offspring, Megadeth, the Answer, the Who, the Kinks, Jimi Hendrix... Basically anything from the 60s-80s!

Also love anything with a bit of virtuosity, classical, jazz, blues, whatever! But I DESPISE chart music... I dont think theres any decent mainstream bands around at the moment.

PS I really hope this thread is a success and continues to get the level of contribution it has had today. Things like music, tv, film, politics etc is always a constant source of conversation as it moves as fast as football, so its always good to be able to discuss this with you lot as well! Also improves the community feel to the forum.

Yeah, hoping it sticks, may keep me in check - doubtful but still :P

Yeah, really don't like chart music, always willing to give new acts a listen but it's rare that I find a good one. I prefer to stick to anything leather and denim clad :D

agree NB4, very good idea this thread!

reckon we'll be in here at the next general election going at it matchday-thread style? :p e.g. "ooooh, conservatives...so close!" and "looks like redcar are making a substitution, it's the lib dems making way for labour"...

anyways music wise, some of my current favourites: Frank Turner, The Vaccines, kasabian, Young the Giant, Johnny Cash, Dry the river, The Maccabees, To Kill a King, Biffy Clyro, Bombay Bicycle Club, Hurts, Gypsy and the Cat, Two Door Cinema Club, Airborne Toxic Event, Pol***ts, White Lies, the Strokes, Benjamin Francis Leftwich and Little Comets (last 2 are signed to a certain Ugo Ehiogu's record label!) etc...

Think that's enough to give you a wee insight into my tastes. feel free to tell me i have crap taste in music :D

Oooh yay music!

Personally, I love anything which has some guitars, some drums and some singing. That is proper music. As a certain Frank Turner said "I still believe in the need for guitars and drums and desperate poetry"

Some of my favourite artists are: Frank Turner, The Gaslight Anthem, The Horrible Crowes, Arctic Monkeys, Oasis, All Time Low, You Me At Six, Mayday Parade, Kids in Glass Houses, Panic! at the Disco and of course The Smiths!

agree NB4, very good idea this thread!

reckon we'll be in here at the next general election going at it matchday-thread style? :p e.g. "ooooh, conservatives...so close!" and "looks like redcar are making a substitution, it's the lib dems making way for labour"...

anyways music wise, some of my current favourites: Frank Turner, The Vaccines, kasabian, Young the Giant, Johnny Cash, Dry the river, The Maccabees, To Kill a King, Biffy Clyro, Bombay Bicycle Club, Hurts, Gypsy and the Cat, Two Door Cinema Club, Airborne Toxic Event, Pol***ts, White Lies, the Strokes, Benjamin Francis Leftwich and Little Comets (last 2 are signed to a certain Ugo Ehiogu's record label!) etc...

Think that's enough to give you a wee insight into my tastes. feel free to tell me i have crap taste in music :D

I saw little comets supporting Gomez in newcastle last year or maybe the year before but they were very good. For me it is:

Gomez, The Bees, The Stone Roses, NGHFB, The View, Pulp, Libertines/Peter Doherty, Kasabian, Oasis, Rolling Stones, Supergrass, Stereophonics...

But I also like a bit of hip hop/soul:

D'angelo, Maxwell, LDH, Jamie Lidell, ATCQ etc

my Ipod is filled with all different kinds of music; at the minute i've been listening to mainly grime music so people like skepta, wiley and JME but on there i occaisionally listen a bit of metal like bullet for my valentine or even some pop punk such as blink 182, sum41 etc. then you've got bands such as coldplay and snow patrol

very broad range for me. ( i play guitar so thats probably a main factor i'm still interested in the guitar driven genre's when i've moved to the more urban stuff)

OMG, I think I'm on the wrong forum with all you metal heads and grungers!!!!

I'm very much into a-ha, have been since 1985 plus anything from late 80's/early 90's!!!!!!

I like Marina and the Diamonds, Rizzle Kicks and anything else with a poppy jingle of late.

Not bad for an over 40!!!!!!

My Ipod shuffle actually makes me laugh sometimes, it can go from The Pogues (favourite band) > Notorious BIG > AC/DC > Avici

Guess I'm just a fan of "music"

I do like a lot of different genre of music, but my faves would be --

Faith No More, Garbage, Iron Maiden, Portishead, Therapy?, Massive Attack, Skunk Anansie, Morcheeba, Enigma, Orbital, Kosheen, Tricky, Faithless, Manic Street Preachers, Stone Roses, Charlatans, James,

I'm some kind of Indie/Trip Hop/Rock Hybrid

Oh there are more; Guns n' Roses, Chili Peppers, Aerosmith, Korn, Alice Cooper, RATM, Mansun, Terrorvision, Def Leppard, too many..........

Forgot - The Cure, Cult, Mission, Prodigy, the orb, beloved..

Going to stop now!

What styles are the two british shows you mentioned? I tend to find modern british humor very unfunny, and although they are responsible for the best (only fools, porridge etc etc), I havent enjoyed a british comedy since Black Books (save for the Gervais shows).

"Him and Her" is a romcom set in layabpout Russell Tovey's scruffy flat where he spends most of the time in bed with Her, the deliciously earthy Sarah Solemani. In a word or two, I suppose I would describe it as "somewhat whimsical". :)

"Outnumbered" is probably my favourite series of all time. It's another sitcom, this time about a couple with three kids and sometimes members of their extended family. The kids are the stars of the show and it's written by Andy Hamilton - need I say more?

If you like "Black Books" and Gervais' "Extras" then you'll enjoy both of these.

I forgot. We forgot. EVERYONE FORGOT RED DWARF!