Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Happy New Year guys.🥳🥳🥳

Well...it finally happened... I guess it was only ever a matter of time. Enough forumites have liked him that he has finally taken on his true form...the demon known to religious scholars a

Have a great Christmas fellas. Hope Santa makes all of your dreams come true, (apart from beating us again) 🤣 Us, you, and the Barcodes next season eh?👍👍👍

Posted Images

Have we got any meteorologists hereabouts? You know those long periods of low-lying mist and fog that Teesside can get while the rest of the country is bathed in summer sunshine? I wonder if some of it is attributable to temperature inversion in the Tees Valley?

Loads of times over the years I have driven out of Teesside's fog into glorious sunshine, spent an afternoon at the races, returned home in the evening and descended back into the gloom again. So depressing.

Against the temperature inversion idea, however, are all those summertime weather forecasts promising fine weather over the whole of the UK, except for low-lying cloud on the NE coast. My old bones want the warm, dammit!

Have we got any meteorologists hereabouts? You know those long periods of low-lying mist and fog that Teesside can get while the rest of the country is bathed in summer sunshine? I wonder if some of it is attributable to temperature inversion in the Tees Valley?

Loads of times over the years I have driven out of Teesside's fog into glorious sunshine, spent an afternoon at the races, returned home in the evening and descended back into the gloom again. So depressing.

Against the temperature inversion idea, however, are all those summertime weather forecasts promising fine weather over the whole of the UK, except for low-lying cloud on the NE coast. My old bones want the warm, dammit!

Isn't temperature inversion usually found in mountain ranges. Such as places like the Chamonix valley in the alps? I'm not a meteorologist, but I suspect the coast plays more of a part than temperature inversion in the tees valley. It's probably not high enough for it to have a massive effect

Yeah, you're probably right about altitude being a factor and I can certainly remember occasions when I have watched real pea-soupers roll in from the sea in the early hours. I'm sick of it, though, and it'll be a big factor in my leaving the area again, if I do.

I haven't watched it yet but it's on CouchTuner and so is the Game of Thrones trailer.

Anyone new to CT, remember to look just above the empty video area for the yellow "Watch it here" link, whenever you "draw a blank". You'll know what I mean when it happens and the link is the solution to your problems.

For any breaking bad fans (or fans of good telly) the first episode of better call saul just came out on netflix and it was v.v. good in my opinion    :D

Just watched it, great stuff. Love the little cameos. Will be interesting to see how it ties into the BB storyline.

Yeah I already do, he's great. If you haven't already, I'd recommend getting the DuckieTV add on for chrome, basically you add all your favourite shows and then it's got a calendar when you open a new tab which shows you when all your shows are on. It's a real life saver when mid-season breaks occur in Uhmerica as it lets you know when they're back on.

Also links to Torrent websites to download directly (if you're that way inclined) and you can mark shows as watched as you go so you know where you're up to