Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Happy New Year guys.🥳🥳🥳

Well...it finally happened... I guess it was only ever a matter of time. Enough forumites have liked him that he has finally taken on his true form...the demon known to religious scholars a

Have a great Christmas fellas. Hope Santa makes all of your dreams come true, (apart from beating us again) 🤣 Us, you, and the Barcodes next season eh?👍👍👍

Posted Images

Honestly, watching all the debates and stuff I've been much more convinced by the Leave arguments than the Remain ones.

Camerons been ripped to shreds every time I've seen him in interviews & can't answer a single question without trying to push this BS about the economy

And the one last night with the 3 women was just a travesty from start to finish. Again the leave camp brought actual arguments and the Remain camp just hurled insults around all night.

Honestly, watching all the debates and stuff I've been much more convinced by the Leave arguments than the Remain ones.

Camerons been ripped to shreds every time I've seen him in interviews & can't answer a single question without trying to push this BS about the economy

And the one last night with the 3 women was just a travesty from start to finish. Again the leave camp brought actual arguments and the Remain camp just hurled insults around all night.

Martin Lewis (money saving fella) summed it up best for me the other day. If you are reasonably happy/content with what we have as a country at the moment, vote to remain. If you are so unhappy with the state of our country as it is that you're willing to risk the economy tanking and possible other implications , then vote to leave. I think it also comes down to how risk averse you are as a person, personally I am pretty risk averse so have voted to remain.

Martin Lewis (money saving fella) summed it up best for me the other day. If you are reasonably happy/content with what we have as a country at the moment, vote to remain. If you are so unhappy with the state of our country as it is that you're willing to risk the economy tanking and possible other implications , then vote to leave. I think it also comes down to how risk averse you are as a person, personally I am pretty risk averse so have voted to remain.

Maybe they just haven't been able to defend their position well in the pieces I've watched, but from what I can tell there just isn't as big a danger to the economy as the remain camp would want you to believe.

I'm still on the fence, honestly, although I think I'm slowly sliding into Leave.

Maybe they just haven't been able to defend their position well in the pieces I've watched, but from what I can tell there just isn't as big a danger to the economy as the remain camp would want you to believe.

I'm still on the fence, honestly, although I think I'm slowly sliding into Leave.

The problem is that all of the leave camps arguments are emotive and easy to argue and be passionate about. The remain campaigns arguments are much more practical and therefore much more difficult to get passionately behind.

Economically it's probably better on balance to stay. Nobody can say with any certainty though because there are too many unknowns really. Politically and socially however it might be a different story. I think it depends what you regard as being most important.

The main problem is not a lot of people know what their voting for people have an idea mainly their own idea or an idea from the little the papers or news or debates have given them but people don't know what it would actually mean to leave or the power that we are given if we remain, the remain campaign are playing mainly on fear and hoping people buckle much like the scots, the leave campaign is playing mainly on immigration and that makes it easy to attack because your a racist if you believe that. But no ones actually telling you what the effects are what deals we will get what rights we will lose they arguee a*** each other with no answers so you come away not knowing. I've tried to get as much info as possible but with out much luck the govt website is terrible and most of the Internet is filled with opinions and guesses rather than actual facts.

For any goverment it's a win win though we are on the verge of another financial crisis possibly worse than the one in 2008 so either way if we remain they will blame it on the EU and 'immigration' and if we leave they will blame it on the leaving.

Economically it's vital that we stay. Only the rich will avoid the consequences of leaving the EU and only the rich have anything to fear from EU legislation about tax havens, tax avoidance and employment legislation. The upper echelons of the Tory Party want out because the EU poses a threat to the power they have always wielded in this country. Sadly, it's now looking increasingly likely that we are going to allow ourselves to be conned by them once again.

When I suggested that Cameron actually wants us out out of the EU, I wasn't being flippant. He has got so much wrong it's impossible to believe that he's genuine. Why did he announce a referendum in the first place if he is happy with the status quo?  That isn't what politicians do! The old adage about turkeys and Christmas comes to mind. Even the name of the "remain" campaign is all wrong. It's got negative connotations that a simple "stay" doesn't have. The whole thing stinks.

Cameron announced in plenty of time his intention not to lead the Tories into the next general election. It's now starting to look like he might not even lead them into the referendum and that, I suspect, is probably what he planned all along.

Now how about that for a conspiracy theory? :D

What are these "consequences" you speak of.

So far people in favour of remain bandy that term about and I'm yet to hear of anything that would even be classed as a consequence.

What are these "consequences" you speak of.

So far people in favour of remain bandy that term about and I'm yet to hear of anything that would even be classed as a consequence.

You can't be serious! There are going to be consequences no matter which way the referendum goes and you've never heard of any of them? The mind boggles!

Not really what I said bugrit, but ok.

I'm yet to be convinced (by either side fully, but definitely by the remain camp) that whatever will happen will be truly damaging.

I've heard a lot of posturing on both sides. I don't think it'll be an economic disaster if we left and despite attempts no one has been able to provide me evidence to the contrary.