Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Happy New Year guys.🥳🥳🥳

Well...it finally happened... I guess it was only ever a matter of time. Enough forumites have liked him that he has finally taken on his true form...the demon known to religious scholars a

Have a great Christmas fellas. Hope Santa makes all of your dreams come true, (apart from beating us again) 🤣 Us, you, and the Barcodes next season eh?👍👍👍

Posted Images

The level of scare***ering in the media at the minute is hilarious.

Ah well if we *** up now at least it's us that are ***ing up and and not some faceless politicians in another country doing it. It's all on us.

I think a big positive to come out of this is the fact people will realise that change can be implemented if they get up and do something about it. Even if they do not agree with this result.

This is a conversation ive just had with a girl at work

Girl; Wel its all staarted to go wrong already, £ has plumetted we're in a right mess now

Me: Give it chance the result only came through 3 hrs ago, the £ will bounce back in a couple of weeks it wont effect you unless you were planning on going on holiday this month really.

Girl, Why are we not allowed to travel to europe any more?

Me:??

ME: no i was on about the exchange rate

Girl: O What about the Euros, England cant play in them any more

Me:... GET OUT OF MY OFFICE

I think a big positive to come out of this is the fact people will realise that change can be implemented if they get up and do something about it. Even if they do not agree with this result.

For Remain voters, there's not much else better to feel about it right now than this. The people have spoken, 72% turnout is a great thing to see.

Although I still maintain that due to the nature of Remain being essentially 'stay as we are', it was always going to be much easier for Leave to win. Getting people off their *** to vote for what they already have under the premise that what they already have is great (essentially, no carrot to dangle in front of them) was going to be difficult. So it could well be that the increased turnout was particularly from the Leave side of the debate and that's what swung it.

Regardless of that though, that also shows what happens if you do sit on your *** and do nothing to stop it.

I've had my rant about the result on twitter and shall leave it there. I just don't want to really talk about it.

What I do want to say that I've just seen Farage's comment this morning about winning "without a single bullet being fired."

What a crass cockwomble

It didn't take long to admit the lies too. Farage can say what he wants, he was part of that campaign and a major reason as to why this referendum came about. He can't simply duck under and blame others within the campaign for their use of propaganda.

I've had my rant about the result on twitter and shall leave it there. I just don't want to really talk about it.

What I do want to say that I've just seen Farage's comment this morning about winning "without a single bullet being fired."

What a crass cockwomble

Mmm and it's nice to know, as an NHS worker, that the £350m promised to the NHS as part of the leave campaign was a 'mistake'. Thanks Farage.

What a crass cockwomble

Mmm and it's nice to know, as an NHS worker, that the £350m promised to the NHS as part of the leave campaign was a 'mistake'. Thanks Farage.

Yeah he only distances himself from it now that it's worked in his favour.

My mate's department in Barclays have already been sacked post Brexit.

There was an article in the Financial Times today and in a way it sorta showed the contempt and lack of understanding for the wider issues that the country is facing.

There are just far too many people speaking from their ivory towers in London to understand the bitter hostility towards Westminister, the EU and all forms of burearcracy which have shat on people for too long over the past few years.

Sneering that "the working class will suffer" just smacks of that self-entitled prejudice. Erm... the working class are ALREADY suffering. So why vote to implement the status quo? You NEVER listened to the people, and the now people have spoken, you're crying about it and trying to rationalise their behaviour like some zoologist. Rather than attempting to draw the false narratives that these people are racist bigots and ignorant, why don't you live in Middlesbrough or Wigan for a year earning *** all and see if it changes your perspective on things?

Anyways, I do think that we will negotiate a deal similar to Iceland/Norway etc. That's just my gut. The problem is that's gonna take a lot longer than two years to negotiate.

It won't surprise me if there's a u-turn on this and and we remain in the EU. It's not a binding decision and already too many people are having doubts that the correct decision was made.

My guess is that, we will negotiate on restricting the free movement of people (thus lowering immigration) as well as other soft policies a means to keep us in.

This might pacify the Leave voters. But I just don't know.

Immigration is the big thing for me. We have to be able to opt of that. I can only assume that we simply enter talks with the EU and if they don't offer us favourable terms we threaten to invoke article 50.

My guess is that, we will negotiate on restricting the free movement of people (thus lowering immigration) as well as other soft policies a means to keep us in.

This might pacify the Leave voters. But I just don't know.

Immigration is the big thing for me. We have to be able to opt of that. I can only assume that we simply enter talks with the EU and if they don't offer us favourable terms we threaten to invoke article 50.

There is nervousness in London on triggering article 50.

Think I'm going to quit being British right now. Canada sounds nice.

Canada is lovely... but here in Calgary our local economy is tied so tightly to oil and gas. It's hard times here, lots of jobs being laid off, the commute to work on the train is empty, our sales guys are struggling to get any meetings whatsoever.

Toronto and Vancouver are the bigger cities with stronger economies but also high cost of living.

Ok I was wrong maybe I'm an out of touch elite. The North handed this to Leave and I tend to think it was a nationalist/anti-establishment vote. I grew up in a reasonably well off area of Redcar not the most affluent area but there are worse around, I got an education at Prior Pursglove then on to Trent University in Nottingham I honestly did not foresee this result or that I was out of touch.

My head tells me that the 3% win does not give enough of a mandate to pull out of everything, I can see single market access WITH freedom of movement being the outcome meaning we abide by all the rules and regulation of the EU but no say.

Devastating result for liberals and the young though my sense is no one will trigger Art 50 because that is what the EU wants we are set for a year of stalemate minimum.

Feel for Scotland and Northern Ireland they don't deserve a withdrawal against their will.