Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Happy New Year guys.🥳🥳🥳

Well...it finally happened... I guess it was only ever a matter of time. Enough forumites have liked him that he has finally taken on his true form...the demon known to religious scholars a

Have a great Christmas fellas. Hope Santa makes all of your dreams come true, (apart from beating us again) 🤣 Us, you, and the Barcodes next season eh?👍👍👍

Posted Images

Me and the misses are heading up to Boro from Bognor Regis to come and see the mighty boro play Millwall this weekend and see family , its been a good few years since iv'e been up. We are staying at the Jury's Inn for a week and we are looking for some suggestions as to what the best pubs will be to go to before the game and some good places to eat, My dad (who's from Boro) mentioned that Central Park as a good place to grab some food but i am looking for maybe a pub that offers food and good atmosphere.

Also, its probably a common question but wheres the best place to get a parmo ?

5 minutes ago, ThisIzLeon said:

Me and the misses are heading up to Boro from Bognor Regis to come and see the mighty boro play Millwall this weekend and see family , its been a good few years since iv'e been up. We are staying at the Jury's Inn for a week and we are looking for some suggestions as to what the best pubs will be to go to before the game and some good places to eat, My dad (who's from Boro) mentioned that Central Park as a good place to grab some food but i am looking for maybe a pub that offers food and good atmosphere.

Also, its probably a common question but wheres the best place to get a parmo ?

First of all, hope you have a safe trip and the games a good one! 

To answer the parmo question, I've heard alot of rave reviews about Manjaros, and the same for central park. Not sure about other places around Boro mind you. 

11 minutes ago, BillinghamBoro said:

First of all, hope you have a safe trip and the games a good one! 

To answer the parmo question, I've heard alot of rave reviews about Manjaros, and the same for central park. Not sure about other places around Boro mind you. 

Thank you very much mate, its gonna be a long ol' train journey but definitely worth it! It's the first time my girlfriend will have  been to Middlesbrough, so looking to show her the best spots.

Last year she hated football and now shes a fully converted boro fanatic who can't wait to see the Riverside, absolutely buzzing to finally come back, we only really get to see the southern away games.

Thanks for the recommendations. Manjaros was another one that my Dad recommended to me, so i will definitely add that to the list!

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

The Six Medals is the place to go before and after a game ??

Great place where a lot of fans meet, eat, drink, discuss and just have a great time ? 

Brilliant, thanks mate. I will definitely be looking into going there! Does anyone know if it is worth heading down to the Fanzone at the Riverside an hour or two before the game?

After Archer managed to get his name on the honours board yesterday. Hazelwood is looking like he'll be on the honours board by about lunch today.

England lost Roy and Root very early. Need Burns and Denly to dig in now and get past the initial new ball stage. Think we need 300 plus runs in our first innings to win this game, but at the moment that looks a long way off!

1 minute ago, BoroJake said:

Root needs to be put to 4th I think if we continue to play Roy. Root is effectively an opener at this point with how quick Roy gets out

I'm surprised Vince hasn't been asked to have another crack at 3 to be honest, so Root can go back to 4.

Roy is not an opener, Root is horribly out of nick, same with Buttler and Bairstow. Going forward we have some tough decisions to make. 

I was talking to someone who played cricket at a very high level and we both agreed we think Root needs to step down as captain. Let him concentrate on batting. Problem is who would step up as captain? 

How have we skittled the Aussies for less than 200 and after we have batted they still have a lead of over 100! Pathetic.

I genuinely feel if we lose this test, we will lose 4-0 (Barring any weather problems in 4th and 5th tests of course).

Well very pleased to see England close the day on 156-3. Very controlled and patient batting for most of the day from Root and Denly have gotten us to this stage. Stokes in the last hour of the day came into bat at 5 in survival mode and made 2 runs (not out) off 50 balls.

The first session of tomorrow's play will decide the outcome of this test match (and the Ashes). If Stokes and Root can survive the first 8 overs of play unscathed. At which point the new ball is available to Australia. They will then have to contend with the new ball and the threats that come with it. If they can get to lunch unscathed after the new ball I think that is when the test becomes ours to lose.

At this stage I'd happily take England scoring 30 runs all session if it meant losing no wickets. It will also be England's highest ever run chase if we are successful.