Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Happy New Year guys.🥳🥳🥳

Well...it finally happened... I guess it was only ever a matter of time. Enough forumites have liked him that he has finally taken on his true form...the demon known to religious scholars a

Have a great Christmas fellas. Hope Santa makes all of your dreams come true, (apart from beating us again) 🤣 Us, you, and the Barcodes next season eh?👍👍👍

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Downsouth said:

Jason Roy and Josh Butler simply has not worked

I agree with this DS. But I don't think I'd want to change the side now. 

Unless Roy or Buttler do anything in the next 2 tests, going forward after the Ashes I'd drop Buttler entirely and move Roy up the order. 

Roy is not an opener in red ball cricket at all. Whether that is County Cricket (Surrey) or International Cricket. I do think he would be effective coming in at 6 or 7 however.

Think Buttler could do with going back to County Cricket and playing as many 4 day games as possible. I do also think question marks remain over Denly too.

Think I'd like to see a line up of;

Burns, Sibley*, Root, Lace*, Stokes, Roy, Bairstow, Woakes, Archer, Broad and Leach.

Sibley to open with Burns in Roy's place. Roy to drop down and replace Buttler and I'd like to see Lace given a go at 4.

So very rare to witness what we saw yesterday, this will go down as Stoke's ashes I have no doubt but boy it could and should have gone all wrong right at the end. Lyon missing a run out what a drop that was at the crucial time and Aussies using up their referrals on a non-existant lbw and then not having one for a real lbw.

Yes whatever luck was allocated to England certainly proved so useful

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

Anyone watching the Rugby World Cup. Its probably the most open one theres been with arguably 5-6 teams who could win it. 

New Zealand are looking great after being under pressure from South Africa for the first 20mins they have just scored 17points in 5minutes.

Not convinced by South Africa, seemed to splinter in defence when faced with pace. 

Can't see past New Zealand winning this one. 

Think England and Wales are probably then the next best shot. South Africa are a team who can always cause problems, but don't think they are anywhere near where they used to be.

Aussies are hit and miss and have started this cup in that vein. Almost losing to Fiji (who lost to part timers Uruguay).

Ireland seem to have lost their way just at the wrong time. The lineout has gone to pot and big players are not performing.