Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Happy New Year guys.🥳🥳🥳

Well...it finally happened... I guess it was only ever a matter of time. Enough forumites have liked him that he has finally taken on his true form...the demon known to religious scholars a

Have a great Christmas fellas. Hope Santa makes all of your dreams come true, (apart from beating us again) 🤣 Us, you, and the Barcodes next season eh?👍👍👍

Posted Images

13 hours ago, Downsouth said:

Great displays from both teams what a pity we are facing them in the semi-finals

Disagree, I think England definitely have what it takes to beat New Zealand. Like Australia against us, Ireland weren't really that much of a test for them.

2 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Like Australia against us, Ireland weren't really that much of a test for them.

I'd disagree with that, Australia definitely tested us and pushed us, especially in the first 15. After that it definitely got easier for us as the Aussies started to go away from what they did at the start. They started to play silly rugby and play in the wrong areas, which made it easy to pick them off.

So Wales vs France is on now, this for me is the hardest game of the 4 to call. Depending which France turn up, it could go either way. If the France that smashed Wales, in the first half of their 6 nations, game turn up it'll be France all day. If it's the France that turned up for the 2nd half of the same game (and imploded), it'll be Wales all day.

So far France do seem very good today! As I type this they have just scored 2 tries in as many minutes. Wales will have to be careful now, they can't afford to let the scoreboard get to high.

Wales win, must say the try Wales scored to win is a contentious one. Looked as if the ball went forward after the strip.

Anyway on to the big one Japan vs South Africa! All logic tells me the Boks will win, their physicality and strength should be way too much for Japan. But the speed and intricacy of the Japanese attack could cause some real issues against the big South African pack and also late in the game too.

I'm expecting to see a hell of a lot of penalties against the Japanese in the contact area, when they cannot get to ground and are held up. Scotland had a lot of success with that tactic last game and I expect the Boks to target that.

Well done to Wales, France lost that due to their own discipline to a degree, yes the try was possibly dubious but replays allowed it to stand.

As you say the highly anticipated game of the quarter finals and I am a fan of the Japanese team now follows.

Would love to see the "cherries" get through to the semi finals and their very polite fans go wild!

really enjoying this world cup and especially the quarter finals. im not usually a big watcher of rugby but not completely ignorant of what im watching.  England have been very impressive both technically  and entertaing wise ,  New Zealand are what New Zealand are .  To quote  a phrase used in football,  if any team finishes above or does better than them ,they will be champions .    Wales v France was a close run thing in the end probably dictated by the stupidity of the sending off.  Now the final Quarter Final sees Japan v South Africa.   South Africa were and are still my tip as finalists and even in thier defeat to NZ i saw evidence to stick to that prediction. But this game is thier banana skin , Japan have been  joy to watch and are even better than four years ago  technically add to that the passionate home support and youve got to respect thier chance in this game. tbh im enjoying watching them so much that i want them to win today and  for me SA are slight better than Wales on the whole so if they do manage to win this theres no reason they cant actually make the final.  this match is one im really looking forward to . the winners imo will be in the final. but will lose the final.