Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Happy New Year guys.🥳🥳🥳

Well...it finally happened... I guess it was only ever a matter of time. Enough forumites have liked him that he has finally taken on his true form...the demon known to religious scholars a

Have a great Christmas fellas. Hope Santa makes all of your dreams come true, (apart from beating us again) 🤣 Us, you, and the Barcodes next season eh?👍👍👍

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Suicide most likely, she was due to stand trial next month wasn't she?

Thought those charges were dropped

1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I wouldn't know, our lass says she was due on trial though.

She was due in court on 4th March. It has been reported as suicide. A tragic event for her and those that are left behind. RIP

2 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I wouldn't know, our lass says she was due on trial though.

Just checked and your missus is correct. She was due to stand trial next month. The family has stated it was suicide 

9 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

She reckons her boyfriend will kill himself next, he's been getting slated on social media and blamed for her death despite him trying to get the charges dropped.

Would love to know who’s going after her boyfriend (This is the only social media I do). As I suspect it would be very different in terms of blame and the way the way it’s being reported if it was him who was famous and was being charged with assaulting her with a weapon (in this case a lamp). 🤷‍♂️

My problem is half the people saying RIP Caroline Flack on twitter were the ones just weeks ago ripping her to pieces for her alleged actions.

Have to look at the CPS too. When the 'victim' doesn't agree with your version of events nor want to go ahead with the proceedings, it seems like they're horribly wrong to push that through.

This is social media at its worst, unfortunately.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Brunners said:

My problem is half the people saying RIP Caroline Flack on twitter were the ones just weeks ago ripping her to pieces for her alleged actions.

Have to look at the CPS too. When the 'victim' doesn't agree with your version of events nor want to go ahead with the proceedings, it seems like they're horribly wrong to push that through.

This is social media at its worst, unfortunately.

Spot on @Brunners

7 hours ago, Brunners said:

Couldn’t disagree more. Lots of domestic abuse cases are stalled because victims withdraw their statements, you have to remember that lots of domestic abuse stems from one partner controlling or wanting to control the other. He felt the need at the time to call the police. The police (and subsequently the CPS) made the decision to prosecute based on what he originally said and what they saw at the scene. It’s their job to protect victims and get justice. 

It’s terribly sad that she felt this was the only way out and my heart goes out to her friends, family and her boyfriend but I don’t think it was wrong to pursue prosecution against someone the police and CPS believed committed a serious assault.

• Like 2