Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Happy New Year guys.🥳🥳🥳

Well...it finally happened... I guess it was only ever a matter of time. Enough forumites have liked him that he has finally taken on his true form...the demon known to religious scholars a

Have a great Christmas fellas. Hope Santa makes all of your dreams come true, (apart from beating us again) 🤣 Us, you, and the Barcodes next season eh?👍👍👍

Posted Images

Anyone here work for UKmail/DHL or deal with them often?

Ordered a package before this whole isolation thing hit. Got an email yesterday with tracking info on for DHL. This morning I got a text with a time scale on...

Anyway, it's now past the time scale so I went on tracking and there was a message that said "The delivery of your consignment is subject to a book in arrangement and will be delivered as soon as possible"

Does that mean its going to be late or that I have to book a special slot because honestly I could read it both ways?

Was hoping someone with a more technical mind than I could help out with a laptop recommendation as I'm useless at this stuff and extremely indecisive. I've broken down my priorities in the hope that I can find my perfect laptop

Priority 1 - a laptop that can run football manager 2020 and beyond at a high performance level for at least the next 4-5 years. I'd like to be able to select 8-10 countries to load all leagues on and use a huge database.

Priority 2 - size, durability and mobility - something slim and portable, sleek design and will last for at least 4-5 years.

Priority 3 - ssd size/upgradability. I'd like something with a decent sized ssd to begin with or at least the possibility of adding to it with ease. same with ram.

Priority 4 - screen quality - dont know much about this to be honest, but I'll probably be watching movies and tv semi regularly so a decent screen would be appreciated but not top priority

Priority 5 - also not a major thing but it would be a bonus if it could also handle other gaming for the next couple of years on medium settings.

Price wise I'm fairly flexible but it would take a deal of amazing proportions for me to go past £650, though ideally I'd like to get the cheapest possible that hits my first couple of priorities.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

9 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Was hoping someone with a more technical mind than I could help out with a laptop recommendation as I'm useless at this stuff and extremely indecisive. I've broken down my priorities in the hope that I can find my perfect laptop

Priority 1 - a laptop that can run football manager 2020 and beyond at a high performance level for at least the next 4-5 years. I'd like to be able to select 8-10 countries to load all leagues on and use a huge database.

Priority 2 - size, durability and mobility - something slim and portable, sleek design and will last for at least 4-5 years.

Priority 3 - ssd size/upgradability. I'd like something with a decent sized ssd to begin with or at least the possibility of adding to it with ease. same with ram.

Priority 4 - screen quality - dont know much about this to be honest, but I'll probably be watching movies and tv semi regularly so a decent screen would be appreciated but not top priority

Priority 5 - also not a major thing but it would be a bonus if it could also handle other gaming for the next couple of years on medium settings.

Price wise I'm fairly flexible but it would take a deal of amazing proportions for me to go past £650, though ideally I'd like to get the cheapest possible that hits my first couple of priorities.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

https://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/asus-tuf-gaming-fx505-ryzen-5-3550h-8gb-256gb-ssd-radeon-rx-560x-4gb-15.6-i-fx505dy-bq009t/version.asp

2 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I've seen this on offers a few times for 550ish, is there any particular reason you think itll tick my boxes? Sorry, completely useless with translating specs to actual performance 

7 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

I've seen this on offers a few times for 550ish, is there any particular reason you think itll tick my boxes? Sorry, completely useless with translating specs to actual performance 

It's a dedicated gaming laptop, most really high spec ones go for over a grand but that'll be decent enough for a good few years. 8gb RAM means you'll be able to run multiple leagues in FM and play nearly if not all current releases. The graphics card is decent and the processor is a quad core AMD which in my opinion are better than Intel processors. The hard drive space is standard but easily expandable plus you get an external drive fairly cheaply these days.

Plus it has a really cool red-LED backlit keyboard 🙂

The only downside, which isn't really an issue these days, is it doesn't come with an optical drive. Most laptops these days don't however as more and more people stream their content and download their games from platforms like Steam. If you're old school and have a physical copy of FM then you'll need to buy an external DVD-ROM drive.

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...

Any mechanics on here. 

I have a BMW M135i and for some reason the boot won’t latch closed when shut/pressed. On initial inspection I can’t see any damage around the locking mechanism so I’m thinking it’s not a alignment issue. 
any help/advice Would be greatly appreciated

cheers 👍

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, Brunners said:

Today there was a boxing match between a man named Cheeseman and another man named Eggington. It's nice to see during these dark days there are still some rays of light.

This is true. In a minor upset Eggington was beaten. So you could say that Cheeseman was harder and stronger that first thought 👍 

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Probably late to the party for many but the Peter crouch podcast is brilliant. He’s genuinely a nice guy and very funny. Occasionally he talks candidly about football. And thinking about the conversations we had regarding leaders in a team and what would make a good captain the episode below is really interesting (to me any way) 

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/that-peter-crouch-podcast/id1436030381

• 2 weeks later...

Dellian Whyte  Has literally just been knocked into next week. What a punch against the run of play. 
love boxing I do 🥊 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...