oneBoro Forum

The Chattybox.

16 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Yeah but they would rather not shut the pubs because then everyone will be whinging about that, as well as some of them going out of business, and lots of people becoming unemployed like poor Snowblind.  At least he can always fall back on his previous career with the FBI.

He was a federal booby inspector? What a guy.

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Happy New Year guys.🥳🥳🥳

Well...it finally happened... I guess it was only ever a matter of time. Enough forumites have liked him that he has finally taken on his true form...the demon known to religious scholars a

Have a great Christmas fellas. Hope Santa makes all of your dreams come true, (apart from beating us again) 🤣 Us, you, and the Barcodes next season eh?👍👍👍

Posted Images

He is a very talented man....during every performance, he wraps a scarf around his head and flits through the seating fondling ladies.....distinctly remember reading a review that stated "a muffled titter ran through the audience"  

• Haha 2
12 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

If the measures were actually about stopping the spread of the virus as opposed to scapegoating people for the government's failure in their own measures, the pubs would be should. And I'd support that. Currently the sector workers feel like we're being treated as canon fodder to the virus.

The reality is many of us are now doing 300% the work load for, in my case, 80% of the pay, and we're under pressure by law to enforce the 200% extra work at the same low rate of pay on cut hours.

It's beyond a joke.

The absolute worst part is the talking out of both sides of their mouth about things opening up then suddenly not then suddenly restrictions in place for 6 months then it'll be suddenly get the offices filled again...

The company I work for just had to cancel 4 apprenticeship vacancies we had listed in marketing/sales/admin based on assurances of the gradual opening up of offices from October now we've had to close the vacancies down apparently work from home directive is in place for 6 months even if that gets suddenly changed there is no chance we try and recruit again before then absolute shambles.

That snapback they thought was plausible in hiring is not happening and will not happen until a vaccine because the muddled messages, timelines and promises have just destroyed company's confidence to try and grow staff in this environment even in my area where cases are not growing we get shafted by the governments nonsense it's really self defeating from them.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/23/2020 at 1:31 PM, Jamie-H said:

The absolute worst part is the talking out of both sides of their mouth about things opening up then suddenly not then suddenly restrictions in place for 6 months then it'll be suddenly get the offices filled again...

The company I work for just had to cancel 4 apprenticeship vacancies we had listed in marketing/sales/admin based on assurances of the gradual opening up of offices from October now we've had to close the vacancies down apparently work from home directive is in place for 6 months even if that gets suddenly changed there is no chance we try and recruit again before then absolute shambles.

That snapback they thought was plausible in hiring is not happening and will not happen until a vaccine because the muddled messages, timelines and promises have just destroyed company's confidence to try and grow staff in this environment even in my area where cases are not growing we get shafted by the governments nonsense it's really self defeating from them.

But its not entirely the government's fault. Its also the idiots who have been ignoring lockdown and social distancing protocols, causing spikes in positive tests...thus triggering more restrictions.

We've been seeing it since the Summer when restrictions were first relaxed...thousands of people cramming into beaches and parks etc.

Then during the "Eat out to help out" phase..and now with the pub restrictions in place, you've got hundreds of people crowding the streets, with no masks and no distancing...

Please explain to me how any government could possibly control that kind of idiocy, without resorting to putting the army on the streets and checkpoints all over the place, forcibly making people disperse?

Sure the government have made mistakes, but the "mixed messages" are due to them TRYING to get the economy going again, totally undermined by a significant minority of idiots acting like the rules don't apply to them.

I agree they have over-promised and under-delivered on stuff like PPE, testing availability, track and trace etc. but you can't ignore the fact that too many people have been ignoring the guidance...and they're the ones largely responsible for us heading towards another national lockdown.

• Like 2
53 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

But its not entirely the government's fault. Its also the idiots who have been ignoring lockdown and social distancing protocols, causing spikes in positive tests...thus triggering more restrictions.

We've been seeing it since the Summer when restrictions were first relaxed...thousands of people cramming into beaches and parks etc.

Then during the "Eat out to help out" phase..and now with the pub restrictions in place, you've got hundreds of people crowding the streets, with no masks and no distancing...

Please explain to me how any government could possibly control that kind of idiocy, without resorting to putting the army on the streets and checkpoints all over the place, forcibly making people disperse?

Sure the government have made mistakes, but the "mixed messages" are due to them TRYING to get the economy going again, totally undermined by a significant minority of idiots acting like the rules don't apply to them.

I agree they have over-promised and under-delivered on stuff like PPE, testing availability, track and trace etc. but you can't ignore the fact that too many people have been ignoring the guidance...and they're the ones largely responsible for us heading towards another national lockdown.

Totally agree with all this 

1 hour ago, AnglianRed said:

Please explain to me how any government could possibly control that kind of idiocy

Just in my opinion, the change in public attitude towards the lockdown shifted massively after/during the whole Cummings debacle. Personally if the Gov took a harder stance on that, it would have been a positive. Because they didn't I think a lot of people saw that as a green light to do what they wanted.

• Like 3
9 hours ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Just in my opinion, the change in public attitude towards the lockdown shifted massively after/during the whole Cummings debacle. Personally if the Gov took a harder stance on that, it would have been a positive. Because they didn't I think a lot of people saw that as a green light to do what they wanted.

Added to that, the whole eat out to help out fiasco which was entirely government led, gave people a false sense of security.
I also think attitudes changed once the weekly clap for the NHS finished,  that may have been lockdown fatigue, we were all hoping that all would be back to normal in 3 months, that didn’t happen and you can blame the government or the public for that, if say a bit of both. 

Johnson is a natural libertarian and as such, didn’t want to enforce a strict lockdown, that’s caused many people to come up with their own interpretation of the rules therefore providing the government with scapegoats. 

suddenly it’s the public that are in the wrong, social media and the newspapers jumped on that and people were being castigated for sitting on beaches when it was a perfectly legal thing to do. 

No one has come out of this crisis well, not Johnson or Starmer not the general public or the media, it’s all a bit of a mess really. 

• Like 2
19 hours ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I also think attitudes changed once the weekly clap for the NHS finished,  that may have been lockdown fatigue, we were all hoping that all would be back to normal in 3 months, that didn’t happen and you can blame the government or the public for that, if say a bit of both.

Yeah I think the combination of lockdown being close to 2 months long at this stage, then the whole Cummings debacle happened around a similar time.
It is a shame Boris didn't take a stance similar to this * regarding Cummings, I think at the time the New Zealand PM said she couldn't afford (Not in terms of money) to sack the health minister, but once the pandemic was resolved she would. He has since resigned.
If he had I think that would have helped with the lockdown fatigue, would have sent a clear message to the public that the original lockdown truly affects all of us regardless of position.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/07/new-zealand-health-minister-demoted-after-beach-visit-broke-lockdown-rules

• Like 1
On 9/4/2020 at 9:28 AM, OldManGravz said:

I had an issue with mine, I noticed my old email I no longer had access to was linked to my account after I took up the offer, so I have been on to Spotify customer services to make sure I changed my email in time and they have said that I was accepted but it can take a couple of working days for the email to arrive.

Literal only just received my email to claim mine. Was about to write it off as a swizz 

Happy now tho 😀

Not the usual rugby post from me today...but is anyone else interested to see the "Major announcement of exciting news" that NASA is going to be making about the moon? 

I've seen a few rumours that think that the announcement is that they have actually found water on the moon. Which would have huge implications on the 2024 manned missions they are planning.