oneBoro Forum

The Chattybox.

With WI & MI declared for Biden, he only really needs one of AZ, NV, GA or PA and he's close to flipping both GA and PA if the votes play out in the predicted manner.

He is being caught in NV and AZ I think but I don't think there's enough votes (for Trump) in either to actually flip.

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Happy New Year guys.🥳🥳🥳

Well...it finally happened... I guess it was only ever a matter of time. Enough forumites have liked him that he has finally taken on his true form...the demon known to religious scholars a

Have a great Christmas fellas. Hope Santa makes all of your dreams come true, (apart from beating us again) 🤣 Us, you, and the Barcodes next season eh?👍👍👍

Posted Images

It seems so long since the side Farage has been supporting has lost which for me is refreshing. His interview on GMB was embarrassing he used the term Fake News and denied Trump mentioned injecting bleach/disinfectant despite them playing the clip for him. 

The idea 20 years ago of people getting more involved with politics seemed great. Unfortunately highlighted in the USA and to some extent Britain, people with ill-educated have the power to speak and influence a wider audience and people will see it as gospel (ie Republicans wanting all postal votes to be discredited). 

I don't think the US and UK populations  have ever been so divided than they are now.  

• Like 2
Just now, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

It seems so long since the side Farage has been supporting has lost which for me is refreshing. His interview on GMB was embarrassing he used the term Fake News and denied Trump mentioned injecting bleach/disinfectant despite them playing the clip for him. 

The idea 20 years ago of people getting more involved with politics seemed great. Unfortunately highlighted in the USA and to some extent Britain, people with ill-educated have the power to speak and influence a wider audience and people will see it as gospel (ie Republicans wanting all postal votes to be discredited). 

I don't think the US and UK populations  have ever been so divided than they are now.  

The republicans aim is to quite seriously keep people stupid and uneducated because that's the only way they gain voters. The evidence shows if they educate people they're far more likely to swing left instead of right.

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

The republicans aim is to quite seriously keep people stupid and uneducated because that's the only way they gain voters. The evidence shows if they educate people they're far more likely to swing left instead of right.

Totally agree i think the media like the Sun and Mail then people like Cummings/Farage/Johnson play that role over here. Unfortunately there are some self-righteous lefties that don't engage in debate and automatically label people racist/thick etc. I feel things like this caused the uprising of Trump and Brexit. 

An example recently was Chris Pratt not joining the Marvel cast at a democrat rally. Automatically people called him racist and scum yet he has never pledged his support for either party. But I have seen a lot of that on several issues. That stuff drives people further the other way than actually changing their viewpoint. 

• Like 2
37 minutes ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

Totally agree i think the media like the Sun and Mail then people like Cummings/Farage/Johnson play that role over here. Unfortunately there are some self-righteous lefties that don't engage in debate and automatically label people racist/thick etc. I feel things like this caused the uprising of Trump and Brexit. 

An example recently was Chris Pratt not joining the Marvel cast at a democrat rally. Automatically people called him racist and scum yet he has never pledged his support for either party. But I have seen a lot of that on several issues. That stuff drives people further the other way than actually changing their viewpoint. 

Chris Pratt is almost definitely a Republican. 

Also people call him scum because the church he goes to is incredibly right wing, opposed to gay marriage, anti-abortion etc. I'm not saying Pratt himself holds those beliefs, but it says a lot about a person's character if that's the company they choose to keep. 

• Like 1

A true story that made me chuckle to myself today

It was that time of year where I had to complete some mandatory training of which a lot of it is online (Defence Learning Environment or DLE) So I finished my unconscious bias awareness but for some reason I couldn’t print out the results to prove I had done it. My RSM (From the Welsh Guards) said and I quote “ With me being English he doesn’t trust me “ and now I have to do it again. And yet somehow he doesn’t see the irony in that 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 2

I'm not so sure about Pennsylvania still but it's maybe worth saying that I think (based on some back of a fag packet maths) if the current trend of the absentee ballots held then Biden would win the state by about 240,000 votes, despite being currently about 160,000 votes behind.

The current trend of the mail-in ballots is nearly 80% in Biden's favour though, which doesn't even come close to matching up to the rest of the vote there. I suspect that there's quite a lot more Trump votes that are still to be counted. There's about 700,000 votes still estimated to be counted there (working from NYTimes figures) and I think Biden needs to take more than 60% of that to even be in contention.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I'm not so sure about Pennsylvania still but it's maybe worth saying that I think (based on some back of a fag packet maths) if the current trend of the absentee ballots held then Biden would win the state by about 240,000 votes, despite being currently about 160,000 votes behind.

The current trend of the mail-in ballots is nearly 80% in Biden's favour though, which doesn't even come close to matching up to the rest of the vote there. I suspect that there's quite a lot more Trump votes that are still to be counted. There's about 700,000 votes still estimated to be counted there (working from NYTimes figures) and I think Biden needs to take more than 60% of that to even be in contention.

Bernie Sanders predicted this exact scenario - down to the right states. Dems are far more likely to mail-vote and Republicans are far more likely to vote in person. Big cities tend to be blue too. The earlier it's 'called' the more likely it would benefit Trump. 

1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:
1 hour ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

Chris Pratt is almost definitely a Republican. 

Also people call him scum because the church he goes to is incredibly right wing, opposed to gay marriage, anti-abortion etc. I'm not saying Pratt himself holds those beliefs, but it says a lot about a person's character if that's the company they choose to keep. 

Going to say, whatever his actual beliefs, Chris Pratt doesn't help himself with the associations he has.

• Like 1

Feel like we are close to a resolution in the US. The BBC have called Wiscosin for Biden, but I think they'll need a recount there, but I don't think it'll change the result.

Georgia looks like it could go either way. Trump has a 0.2% lead there, but they still have votes to count (or not count depending on who you believe 😂). Think whoever wins there will win by the smallest of margins.

Pennsylvania the gap is closing constantly, but I wonder if they'll run out of votes to count before the lead swaps hands. Nevada is a close one too, but I think the mail in votes will stay skewed in Biden's favour.

And I think Arizona will end up blue, likewise North Carolina will end up red.

1 hour ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Feel like we are close to a resolution in the US. The BBC have called Wiscosin for Biden, but I think they'll need a recount there, but I don't think it'll change the result.

Georgia looks like it could go either way. Trump has a 0.2% lead there, but they still have votes to count (or not count depending on who you believe 😂). Think whoever wins there will win by the smallest of margins.

Pennsylvania the gap is closing constantly, but I wonder if they'll run out of votes to count before the lead swaps hands. Nevada is a close one too, but I think the mail in votes will stay skewed in Biden's favour.

And I think Arizona will end up blue, likewise North Carolina will end up red.

Fox have called Arizona for Biden. I bet Trump is furious.

Georgia lead is down to ~2500 votes with apparently around ~16000 votes left. If I'm right with my maths, that means he needs ~58% of the remaining votes to level it up. A recount is gonna happen either way you'd expect but will be very interesting if Biden can nick it.

Hear Trump's press conference earlier? He's completely *** lost it. The level of accusations with zero evidence, even Republicans are starting to distance themselves from him over this. He wasn't wrong, he really isn't a good loser is he?

• Like 1