oneBoro Forum

The Chattybox.

1 hour ago, Blanco said:

Sounds like a load of crap to me. Get your vote in on time. It’s not difficult. Postmarked votes less than a week before the polls should not be involved. Post in a week before or go to the polls. Not rocket science 

This makes no sense. The voters are abiding to the rules set out by the state of when they have to get their votes in for - ie sent by the date of closure. The rule was set before and does not benefit either candidate more than the other because their supporters are living by the same rules.

It would be like the state saying you can vote up until the 3rd, then people showing up at the polls and being told "nah, you can't vote now because you could have done it last week instead". 

No goalposts have been moved, everyone had the exact same ability to vote in this way whether red or blue, and it allows a much bigger percentage of the population to vote safely in the middle of a pandemic. I really don't get the problem.

• Like 2
  • Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Happy New Year guys.🥳🥳🥳

Well...it finally happened... I guess it was only ever a matter of time. Enough forumites have liked him that he has finally taken on his true form...the demon known to religious scholars a

Have a great Christmas fellas. Hope Santa makes all of your dreams come true, (apart from beating us again) 🤣 Us, you, and the Barcodes next season eh?👍👍👍

Posted Images

Meanwhile Covid runs rampant in the US. Meadows declared as Covid positive so he can not help in any transferrance of power.

Trump will not concede possibly because a 300M Dollar tax fraud waits for him.

Itchy trigger fingered Trump followers await their battle cry.

You could not make this up

Was looking up the rules for recounts as I saw that plenty were above a mentioned 0.5% difference threshold, including Pennsylvania I think. But different states have different rules for thresholds and some of those only determine who pays for it if it is requested. If Trump doesn't concede (as you'd suspect that he wouldn't) this could go on for another week or so. 

38 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Was looking up the rules for recounts as I saw that plenty were above a mentioned 0.5% difference threshold, including Pennsylvania I think. But different states have different rules for thresholds and some of those only determine who pays for it if it is requested. If Trump doesn't concede (as you'd suspect that he wouldn't) this could go on for another week or so. 

Any other candidate would have conceded by now, its done. 

I think this will drag on longer than a week though, it'll end up in the courts but it's not going to change anything. 

If Biden wins Georgia, Nevada and Pennsylvania (and he's currently leading in all of them) and ends up with 300 electoral votes, then the recounted states won't matter anyway, he'll be declared President.

To be honest all the world is really waiting on is the AP to declare a winner, and that could take hours, days or even weeks.

2 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

If Biden wins Georgia, Nevada and Pennsylvania (and he's currently leading in all of them) and ends up with 300 electoral votes, then the recounted states won't matter anyway, he'll be declared President.

To be honest all the world is really waiting on is the AP to declare a winner, and that could take hours, days or even weeks.

Georgia is one of the recounted states, but other than that I agree. Unless you meant Arizona, Nevada and PA, in which case you're 100% right.

1 hour ago, Brunners said:

Georgia is one of the recounted states, but other than that I agree. Unless you meant Arizona, Nevada and PA, in which case you're 100% right.

I did mean Arizona lol, yeah.

Although even the Georgia recount will come to nothing, according to several experts.

6 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I did mean Arizona lol, yeah.

Although even the Georgia recount will come to nothing, according to several experts.

Recounts almost always only change 100-300 votes usually, so it would be incredibly unlikely to have any affect. The state of Georgia entirely comes down to the military ballots I think.

A question for the legal beagles on the forum..  Do the court cases that Trump plans to launch get funded by taxpayers or Republicans or "whoever loses". Not sure how system works, but assume that some sort of costs are involved and hoping that billionaires don't qualify for legal aid.

1 hour ago, Old Codger said:

A question for the legal beagles on the forum..  Do the court cases that Trump plans to launch get funded by taxpayers or Republicans or "whoever loses". Not sure how system works, but assume that some sort of costs are involved and hoping that billionaires don't qualify for legal aid.

This answers it: 

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/election/article246989282.html

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Old Codger said:

I'm pretty sure the Trump team have been crowd funding and begging donors to contribute to legal costs.