Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Happy New Year guys.🥳🥳🥳

Well...it finally happened... I guess it was only ever a matter of time. Enough forumites have liked him that he has finally taken on his true form...the demon known to religious scholars a

Have a great Christmas fellas. Hope Santa makes all of your dreams come true, (apart from beating us again) 🤣 Us, you, and the Barcodes next season eh?👍👍👍

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Well, anyone who criticised the introduction of the Halo to F1 should be eating their words right now, it just saved Grosjean's life.

I don't usually watch F1 so I went to find out what you were talking about and holy crap, a legit explosion, a car torn in half and the guy WALKED AWAY.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Brunners said:

I don't usually watch F1 so I went to find out what you were talking about and holy crap, a legit explosion, a car torn in half and the guy WALKED AWAY.

I watched the race and my jaw hit the floor when I saw the fireball go up. According to his team boss Romain suffered minor burns to his hands and feet. Might stop him competing in the remaining 2 races but still pretty miraculous!

The drivers have to do mandatory escape drills on a regular basis and be able to get out of the car in 10 seconds or less. 

Thats in ideal conditions - minimum stress, knowing its a drill, able to see what you're doing, not under race conditions.

Grosjean managed it in around 18 seconds, car torn to shreds and stuck in a barrier, engulfed in flames, barely able to see... 😲

Also just wanted to say RIP David Prowse...known by millions of kids in the 70s and 80s as the Green Cross Code Man and arguably sci-fi's best known villain...Darth Vader...

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-55117704

Starting out as a competitive weight lifter, he had a long, if low-key career outside of Star Wars, appearing in numerous other films and tv roles. He also worked behind the scenes as a writer and personal trainer.

• Like 2

my late wife met him at a fan convention in Harrogate some years back and she said he came across as a very straightforward guy, spent a considerable time chatting to her and her friend and even got a couple of the other guests (Kenny Baker and Jeremy Bulloch, I think) to do the same. Viewed himself as an ordinary person who'd been lucky in life and was just as happy to send himself up as play serious roles, but took the Green Cross Code very seriously to the extent that he was prouder of that than his role in Star Wars...

One of his favourite sketches 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I know last season under Woody was pretty dire, but the Rugby Union team (Northampton Saints) I follow finally won a home game in the league yesterday.

It had been 363 days since they last won at home in the league. They hadn't won a game in all comps in 4 months (admittedly there was a small gap between 1 season ending and the next beginning).