Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Happy New Year guys.🥳🥳🥳

Well...it finally happened... I guess it was only ever a matter of time. Enough forumites have liked him that he has finally taken on his true form...the demon known to religious scholars a

Have a great Christmas fellas. Hope Santa makes all of your dreams come true, (apart from beating us again) 🤣 Us, you, and the Barcodes next season eh?👍👍👍

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Blanco said:

You brought it on yourself Dan 🤣🤣🤣

I really did! 😂 They summed it up in commentary well, England do need to go back to the drawing board a little bit, especially when it comes to attack.

I still think it'll be a shoot out between France and England. Obviously with England losing it opens the competition up a little bit more.

Wales vs Ireland today will be an interesting game! Wales started really poorly under Pivac, but started to turn a corner a little bit. The 6,7 and 8 match ups today are looking really exciting!

I have a hunch Ireland will win today, think you've got a slightly more settled side than Wales (especially in the backs).

7 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

I really did! 😂 They summed it up in commentary well, England do need to go back to the drawing board a little bit, especially when it comes to attack.

I still think it'll be a shoot out between France and England. Obviously with England losing it opens the competition up a little bit more.

Wales vs Ireland today will be an interesting game! Wales started really poorly under Pivac, but started to turn a corner a little bit. The 6,7 and 8 match ups today are looking really exciting!

I have a hunch Ireland will win today, think you've got a slightly more settled side than Wales (especially in the backs).

It will be a tight game I feel. Ireland haven’t won in Wales since 2013 so it will be tough 

9 minutes ago, Blanco said:

It will be a tight game I feel. Ireland haven’t won in Wales since 2013 so it will be tough 

Yeah it'll be close, the breakdown will be crucial.

But if you can quick ball and get it into midfield quickly, I'd get your quicker more agile backs (Ringrose and Keenan) running on the outside shoulder of North (at 13) as I think that's a real area of weakness for Wales.

I'd also try and target Halfpenny (at fullback) with high bombs from Sexton, with a real intense kick chase.

2 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Yeah it'll be close, the breakdown will be crucial.

But if you can quick ball and get it into midfield quickly, I'd get your quicker more agile backs (Ringrose and Keenan) running on the outside shoulder of North (at 13) as I think that's a real area of weakness for Wales.

I'd also try and target Halfpenny (at fullback) with high bombs from Sexton, with a real intense kick chase.

I’ll pass that on to the coaching team. Thanks Dan 😂😂😂

Ireland need to improve on the line out as well. Have been poor for a year or so now

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Blanco said:

I’ll pass that on to the coaching team. Thanks Dan 😂😂😂

Ireland need to improve on the line out as well. Have been poor for a year or so now

The space just on the edge of the 13 in my experience is so difficult to defend. Then if you are playing someone who doesn't really play 13 that regularly there it's even harder! 

Yeah the set-piece has been a real struggle for Ireland recently, especially the line-out.

• Like 1

Well what a crazy end.

Firstly Davies grubber kicks forwards from the base of a scrum giving Ireland possession with 10/15 seconds left. Why? Haha.

Secondly how was Tompkins not given a yellow for the deliberate knock on?

Then right at the end why did Burns, with a chance to potentially get a line-out in the Welsh 22, just not hit touch? 

On 2/7/2021 at 11:26 AM, DanFromDownSouth said:

In fairness to him, Jones did say that they were focussing more on Defense and defensive shape at this stage in the cycle and that attacking play would be a bit flat. Just nobody believed him because he usually says that and then it turns out not to be true 😂

44 minutes ago, Will said:

In fairness to him, Jones did say that they were focussing more on Defense and defensive shape at this stage in the cycle and that attacking play would be a bit flat. Just nobody believed him because he usually says that and then it turns out not to be true 😂

Yeah he is consistently good at saying one thing and doing another! He also says things purely to wind people up, I'm sure he called Wales a principality a few years back (Like kicking a hornets nest that is). 😂

It is true in regards to the defensive patterns/shape but we have been in this phase for the last 2 tournaments (2020 six nations and the Autumn cup) and to be fair when it works it really does work. The Ireland game in the 2020 Six Nations is a perfect example of that, we got ahead early then effectively parked the bus and completely blunted Ireland's attack.
But I think our game plan is hugely reliant on us getting ahead early and then being able to dictate games. When we can't do that we just don't ever look like getting back into the game or getting control, especially when a team can match us physically in the forwards. 

I think Underhill was big miss for us at the weekend, from a breakdown point of view I also think Tuliagi is a huge miss for us. Our attack looks 100 times better when he is in the midfield, he's ridiculous with the ball in hand, can just break tackle after tackle and really get us on the front foot. Then without the ball the opposition defence is often drawn to him which inadvertently creates space everywhere he isn't! 😂

So going into the England vs Italy games. Jones basically picked the same squad. Could have gone for a few of the younger/newer players to test them out and try and play a bit more expensively. 

Italy score an early try to take the lead, England claw it back and take an 8-5 lead. Now after 20 minutes it's 8-8. England need to put a good performance in today to silence some of the critics, so far it's not been great. I'll have to watch the 2nd half later today as it'll be on when the Boro are on.

Interestingly Italy have lost in 28 consecutive matches.