Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Happy New Year guys.🥳🥳🥳

Well...it finally happened... I guess it was only ever a matter of time. Enough forumites have liked him that he has finally taken on his true form...the demon known to religious scholars a

Have a great Christmas fellas. Hope Santa makes all of your dreams come true, (apart from beating us again) 🤣 Us, you, and the Barcodes next season eh?👍👍👍

Posted Images

21 hours ago, Old Codger said:

Sadly, I think it is dying in this country, used to a regular sight to see chalked stumps on walls and random games on fields, but now very rare and incessant format changes and daft names are beginning to look desperate..  still see regular village games on days out (remember them?) but writing is on wall .. seems to be no attempt to teach anything about defensive skills..  I know that it is entertainment but more to game than hitting the ball

The ECB shoulder a fair bit of that blame. They've fairly openly said in the past that they want less teams (at the expense of the lesser Counties like Northants*, Derby and Leicester), and so have stripped back funding for England players coming through at Counties like that.

Plus their ridiculous idea of having a franchised new format (The Hundred), which effectively skims the best players from the Counties and their overseas stars during the T20 fixtures.

Add on top their bizarre fixture scheduling so that the 4 day games are often bookended at the start and end of the seasons, normally when the weather isn't great, plus you'll very rarely see those 4 days games played with more than 2 days over the weekend.

*Potentially the oldest County in the County Championship.

44 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Got a hunch that Italy will do well against Ireland today.

Well Italy haven't started quite like I thought they would. I have a feeling that the very late injury to the starting Italian 9 (in the warm-up), might have thrown them off kilt a little bit.

Well Wales have just scored a try, but it's a little debatable. Firstly the penalty against England probably shouldn't have been a penalty.

Then they have a short break to get water on, and before the water "boys" have left Wales take the penalty quickly and score from a cross field kick.

Just now, DanFromDownSouth said:

This is shocking from the officials.

LRZ knocks it forwards off his hand, it hits his legs after going forwards, then hits Slade. That is a clear knock on 😂

Everyone but the TMO thought it was a knock on